Walking Tacos are the ultimate portable party food! Rip open a bag of chips, fill it with meat, queso, pico and anything else that goes in a taco; then you've got Walking Tacos. Get creative and add put your own spin on this simple and fun recipe.
- 4 small bags of chips (tortilla, doritos, takis, fritos, etc.)
- 1 lb Creekstone Farm Brisket Blend Ground Beef Pucks
1/4 cup Holmes Made Marty’s Roasted Green Chile Salsa
Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Taco Seasoning
- 1 ear corn, kernels cut off the cob
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp cotija cheese crumbles, divided
- 1/2 cup Mexican Crema
- 193 g (~13 1/2 tbsp) water
- 9 g (2 1/4 tsp) sodium citrate
- 226 g (8 oz) pepper jack, grated
2 tsp Heat Maverick’s Jalapeño Vice
- 1/2 medium avocado, diced
- 1/3 cup tomato, small dice
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapeños
- 1/3 cup red onion, small dice
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Jacobsen Salt Co. Habanero Sea Salt, to taste
- Preheat your Halo 4B Griddle over medium heat.
- Combine the pico ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Place the ground beef on the griddle and spread out. Cook without stirring for several minutes until a nice crust is formed on the bottom. Then add the Holmes Made Marty’s Roasted Green Chile Salsa and season with Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Taco Seasoning. Cook until browned through. Remove from the griddle.
- To make the queso, place a Lodge 10” Steek Skillet on the other side of the griddle. Add the water and sodium citrate. Bring to a simmer. Then add about half of the pepper jack and stir until melted. Add the remaining cheese and whisk until melted. Add the Heat Maverick’s Jalapeño Vice and stir.
- Cook the corn on griddle until slightly charred and softened, and remove from the griddle. Mix the corn with the mayonnaise and 2 tbsp cotija cheese.
- Cut the side of a bag of chips open. Add to the bag 1/4 of the ground beef, 1/4 cup queso, 2 tbsp corn salad, 1/4 cup pico and top with more cotija cheese and crema. Repeat with the remaining 3 bags of chips.
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 39 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 20 grams
- 122 milligrams
- 1308 milligrams
- 68 grams
- 6.7 grams
- 9.1 grams
- 52 grams