Dry-aged ribeye and sea scallops on homemade pizza dough with a tangy cocktail sauce, two cheeses and garlic cream sauce all baked in the Clementi wood fired oven!
Surf n Turf Pizza
Chef Tom shows you how to take dry-aged ribeye and sea scallops, plus homemade pizza dough and flavorful sauces, to create an amazing meal. Create something truly memorable!
- 325 g warm water (110°F)
5 g dry active yeast
500 g Antimo Caputo ’00’ Flour
10 g kosher salt
- 1 (10-12 oz) dry-aged ribeye
Chile Colonial Infused Spicy Oil
Cattleman’s Grill Tuscan Steakhouse
- 8 oz bay scallops
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 oz pecorino cheese, fine grated
- 2 oz provolone cheese, fine grated
- Fresh Italian parsley, minced, for garnish
1 (28 oz) can Ciao San Marzano Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp Killer Hogs Hot Sauce
1 tbsp Reida Farm Wildflower Honey
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup half & half
1 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning
- 1/3 cup parmesan, fine grated
For the pizza:
For the garlic sauce:
- To make the pizza dough, pour the warm water into the bowl of a stand mixer. Sprinkle the yeast over the water. Let sit for 5 minutes, until the yeast begins to foam. Add the flour, then the salt. With the mixer fitted with the hook attachment, mix on medium-low until flour is incorporated (1-2 minutes). Once all ingredients are incorporated and a ball is formed mix 8 minutes.
- Transfer to an oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise until doubled in size.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and divide into 2 equal portions. Roll each half into a ball and place in an oiled container. Cover. Refrigerate at least half an hour before use.
- To make the cocktail sauce, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet and reduce over medium low heat to desired consistency. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the garlic sauce, combine the garlic, half-and-half and Cattleman’s Grill Italiano Seasoning in a Lodge 8” Cast Iron Skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce heat but maintain a simmer. Whisk in the parmesan. Reduce to desire consistency.
- Build a fire in your Clementi wood burning oven. Place a Lodge 10” Cast Iron Skillet in the oven to preheat.
- Rub the steak with a layer of the Chile infused oil. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Tuscan Steakhouse. Place the steak in the hot skillet and cook to an internal temperature of 115°F. Remove the steak from the skillet.
- Melt the butter in the hot skillet. Add the scallops and a shake of Cattleman’s Grill Tuscan Steakhouse. Cook just until opaque. Remove from the skillet.
- On a floured work surface, stretch the dough thin. Spread a layer of the cocktail sauce over the dough. Top with the steak and scallops. Top with the cheeses and a drizzle of the Chile infused oil.
- Bake the pizza until browned on the bottom and sides, rotating the pizza every 30 seconds. When the cheese is melted and dough is browned, remove the pizza from the oven.
- Top your Surf n Turf Pizza with minced parsley and serve hot.
- Serving Size
- 14.99 oz
- per serving
- 15 grams
- 110 grams
- 85 grams
- 863 milligrams