Let Chef Tom show you how easy it can be to make a classic Thanksgiving dessert with the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill! Enjoy this delicious Streusel Pumpkin Pie for the perfect end to a holiday meal.
Streusel Pumpkin Pie
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for a classic Thanksgiving dessert, Streusel Pumpkin Pie!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 6 tbsp (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, peeled, grated
1/2 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Salt
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
2 tbsp Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
For the crust:
For the Pumpkin Pie Filling:
For the Streusel Topping:
- To make the streusel topping, combine all ingredients in a food processor and process just until the sandy mixture begins to clump and hold together. Transfer to a bowl and store in the refrigerator.
- To make the graham cracker crust, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well with a gloved hand until all of the graham cracker crumbs are saturated in the melted butter, and the crumbs begin to clump when squeezed.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into a Lodge Cast Iron Pie Pan. Compact the mixture, pressing into the bottom and sides, forming an even layer of graham cracker crust up to the edge of the pie pan. Store in the refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 400ºF.
- Combine all pumpkin pie filling ingredients in a mixing bowl or food processor. Whisk or process until smooth. Pour the filling into the pie pan.
- Bake at 400ºF until the center jiggles, but is not liquid, about one hour.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping evenly over the pumpkin filling. Continue cooking until the pie has reached an internal temperature of 175ºF, about 90 minutes total cook time.
- Remove from the grill. Cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator. Serve with whipped cream.
- Serving Size
- 8.03 oz
- per serving
- 60.7 grams
- 5 grams
- 28.6 grams
- 483 milligrams