Steak & Bacon Breakfast Tacos
Chef Tom fires up the Kamado Joe Classic II ceramic charcoal grill for these Tex-Mex Steak & Bacon Breakfast Tacos, and utilizes every inch of the Divide & Conquer System. From the direct grilled flank steak to the half moon griddled eggs and cheesy tortillas, these tacos are packed to the brim with tasty goodness!
- 1 lb flank steak
1/2 cup Sweetwater Spice Ancho Chipotle Brisket Bath
- 2 1/2 cups water
Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub
- 8 oz bacon, minced fine
Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, small dice
1/2 cup 505 Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Chiles
Colonial Chile Infused Oil
- 6 eggs
- 6 flour tortillas
- 12 oz cheddar and/or jack cheese, grated
- Cotija or queso fresco cheese, for serving
- 1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tsp Flavolcano Smoky Red Pepper Hot Sauce
1 1/2 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning
For the cream:
- Place the flank steak in a plastic zip-top container and add the Sweetwater Spice Ancho Chipotle Brisket Bath and water. Squeeze the air out of the bag and massage the marinade into the meat. Let soak for 30-60 minutes.
- Build a hot charcoal bed banked to one half of your Kamado Joe Classic II. Set up the grill for direct grilling, with a regular grate set on the lowest setting of the divide and conquer system, directly over the charcoal and a half moon cast iron griddle set on the highest setting of the divide and conquer system, on the opposite side. Stabilize the temperature around 450ºF. Place a Lodge 8” Cast Iron Skillet on the grill to preheat.
- To make the crema, combine the sour cream Flavolcano Smoky Red Pepper Hot Sauce and Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning in a small container and mix well to combine.
- Remove the flank steak from the marinade. Wipe off excess moisture from the surface. Season with Killer Hogs TX Brisket Rub.
- Transfer the steak to the direct side of the grill. Grill until lightly charred on both sides and the internal temperature reaches 125º-130ºF in the center. Remove from the grill. Rest a few minutes before slicing thin across the grain.
- At the same time that you start grilling the steak, place the finely minced bacon in the cast iron skillet, cooking until browned and the fat is rendered out. When the bacon starts to brown, pour off all but one tablespoon of the bacon grease. Add the diced onions and cook until they begin to appear translucent. Add the 505 Hatch Valley Flame Roasted Chiles and cook to warm though.
- On the half moon cast iron griddle, add some Colonial Chile Infused Oil to coat the surface. Crack an egg on the surface and cook sunny side up or over medium. Place a tortilla on the griddle next to the egg and top with a couple of ounces of cheese. While the egg cooks, add the toppings to the cheesy tortilla, starting with the bacon/onion/pepper mixture, then the thin sliced flank steak, the egg, cotija cheese and top it all off with the crema.
- Repeat the process of cooking the eggs and assembling the breakfast tacos, one after another.
You might also enjoy: Chorizo Breakfast Burrito
- Serving Size
- 11.05 oz
- per serving
- 15 grams
- 57 grams
- 51 grams
- 1535 milligrams