Chef Tom prepares a Standing Prime Rib Roast on the Yoder Smokers Pellet Grill using the reverse sear technique, and tops it all off with a Horseradish Crème Fraîche.
Standing Prime Rib Roast with Horseradish Crème Fraîche
Try Chef Tom's recipe for Standing Prime Rib Roast. Enjoy the melt-in-your-mouth goodness of the reverse sear technique, and add a touch of decadence with the mouthwatering Horseradish Crème Fraîche. A truly unforgettable dining experience!
1 4-bone Creekstone Farms Standing Prime Rib Roast
1/2 cup Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
1/4 cup Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 oz fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp cultured buttermilk
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 1 tbsp shallot, minced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
1/2 tsp Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Flaked Finishing Salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
For the Horseradish Crème Fraîche:
- To make the Horseradish Crème Fraîche, combine the whipping cream and buttermilk in a squeeze bottle. Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds. Let sit out at room temperature for 24 hours. It will thicken in that time. After the crème fraîche has thickened, add the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 250ºF set up for indirect grilling/smoking.
Strip the rosemary leaves from the stems. Combine the Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning, minced garlic, Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil and rosemary leaves in a small food processor. Process until the rosemary is broken down into small pieces.
Trim excess fat from the surface of the prime rib roast. Using kitchen twine, tie the roast in between each of the bones. Smear the wet rub all over the roast.
- Smoke the roast until the internal temperature reaches 105ºF, about 3 hours. Remove the roast from the grill. Place in a foil pan. Tent with foil. Turn the grill up to 450ºF. Remove the door from the two door diffuser to create a direct grilling area.
- When the grill comes up to temperature, grill the roast on all sides to get a bit of char. Continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 120ºF. Remove from the grill. Tent with foil in the foil pan again. Rest 20 minutes before slicing.
- To slice your Stand Prime Rib Roast, slice just along the inside of the bones to remove the bones. Set the bones aside. Slice the roast into steaks. Serve with the Horseradish Crème Fraîche.
- Serving Size
- 6.08 oz
- per serving
- 14 grams
- 113 grams
- 138 grams
- 3799 milligrams