Tuscan Prime Rib
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers Loaded Wichita Offset Smoker, slathers a beautiful standing rib roast in a savory Italian inspired wet rub and smokes this flavor packed Tuscan Prime Rib to medium rare. We round it all out with an Herbed Creme Fraiche sauce, made from scratch.
- 1 (10 lb) bone-in prime rib roast
- 1 cup Pecorino, fine grated
1/2 cup Cattleman’s Grill Tuscan Steakhouse Seasoning
1/2 cup Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp cultured buttermilk
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp fresh sage, minced
Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Salt
- Black pepper, to taste
For the Herbed Crème Fraîche:
- To make the Herbed Crème Fraîche, combine the whipping cream and buttermilk in a squeeze bottle or mason jar. Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds. Let sit out at room temperature for 24 hours. It will thicken in that time. After the crème fraîche has thickened, add the remaining ingredients. Mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Preheat your Yoder Smokers Loaded Wichita Offset Smoker to 250ºF.
Combine the Pecorino, Cattleman’s Grill Tuscan Steakhouse Seasoning and Smoke on Wheels BBQ Marinade in a food processor and process until smooth. Rub the paste over all surfaces of the prime rib roast.
- Place the prime rib roast in the smoker and smoke until the internal temperature reaches 105ºF. Open up the airflow and add an extra stick of hickory wood to increase the temperature of smoker to 350ºF.
- Continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 120ºF in the center of the roast. Remove from the smoker. Rest for 15-30 minutes, covered loosely with foil before slicing.
- Serve the Tuscan Prime Rib with the Herbed Crème Fraîche.
- Serving Size
- 4 oz
- per serving
- 2.7 grams
- 22.5 grams
- 20.5 grams
- 852 milligrams