Chef Eric Gephart is back with another killer recipe cooked on the Kamado Joe Ceramic Grill. This time he shares a couple of incredible tricks and the result is a truly remarkable Smoked Crab Dip!
Smoked Crab Dip
Let Chef Gephart tantalize your taste buds with his delectable Smoked Crab Dip! Enjoy two unique techniques and be wowed with his extraordinary recipe. Get ready to savor an unforgettable flavor.
- 3 lb cream cheese
1 tbsp Code 3 Spices Sea Dog Rub
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 lb crab meat
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- juice of two lemons
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, fine grated
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Stabilize your Kamado Joe Classic II at 300ºF. Place the soapstone on the highest setting, along with one of the regular grill grates.
- Put cream cheese into a bowl and smooth out for maximum surface area. Put the bowl of cream cheese on the grill and shut the lid. Smoke cheese for about 3-5 minutes and bring to temperature.
Remove bowl of cream cheese from grill. Add Code 3 Sea Dog Rub, garlic, crab meat, parsley, lemon juice, Sriracha and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Fold ingredients into cream cheese.
Pour mixture into Lodge 10" Cast Iron skillet. Top with the remaining Parmesan.
- Set the grill grates on the divide and conquer system at the lowest setting. Place the soapstone on the highest setting to act as a broiler. Place crab dip on grill grate, underneath the soapstone. Shut the lid and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Dip is ready when parmesan cheese is slightly browned. Top with remaining parsley. Garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve with toasted pita or pork rinds.
- Serving Size
- 7.2 oz
- per serving
- 7 grams
- 29 grams
- 66 grams
- 1121 milligrams