Wanna make the best smashed potatoes of your life? Check out Chef Britt's techniques for creating these gold nuggets that hit every level of your taste buds!
Salt & Vinegar Crispy Smashed Potatoes
Tempt your taste buds with perfect potatoes every time! Chef Britt's techniques promise to elevate your culinary skills, allowing you to make golden, flavorful and delightful smashed potatoes.
- 1 lb Fingerling Potatoes, or other small, waxy variety of potato
Kosmos Q Salt & Vinegar Wing Dust, as needed
- 1/4 cup (or more as needed) Avocado Oil, or other neutral vegetable oil suitable for frying
- Boil the potatoes until barely fork-tender. Smaller varieties of fingerlings will take less time, about 10 minutes total.
- Cool the potatoes completely either in an ice bath or set in the fridge for a few hours minimum. You can do this up to five days in advance.
- Prepare your Yoder Smokers YS640s pellet grill by removing the door to the 2-piece diffuser plate. If you are working with a single-piece diffuser, remove the entire diffuser. Set the temperature to 400°F so pellets are constantly feeding into the firebox.
- Place your 12-inch Lodge cast iron skillet over the firebox and preheat your skillet.
- Add a 1/4”-thick layer of avocado oil to the pan and heat to approximately 350-375°F.
- Take your boiled and cooled potatoes, and smash each using the bottom of a flat & sturdy saucepan, bowl, or plate. Smash the potatoes to about a 1/2”-thickness.
- Add your smashed potatoes in a single layer to the hot oil, and allow them to cook with the grill lid closed for 5-8 minutes on each side. Exposed innards of the potatoes should be a deep golden-brown color when properly fried.
- Remove the potatoes and place them onto a paper towel-lined sheet tray. Finish your potatoes with your desired amount of Kosmos Q Salt & Vinegar Wing Dust – a little goes a long way, but a lot sure does taste great!
- Serving Size
- 4.12 oz
- per serving
- 20 grams
- 2 grams
- 2 grams
- 217 milligrams