Learn how to cure your pork loin in just a couple of hours with this flavor packed recipe. Chef Eric Gephart fires up the Kamado Joe Pellet Joe for his Quick Cured Pork Loin with Pura Vida Sauce.
Quick Cured Pork Loin with Pura Vida Sauce
Try Chef Eric Gephart's Quick Cured Pork Loin recipe with Pura Vida Sauce, prepared on a Kamado Joe Pellet Joe. In just a couple of hours you'll have a flavorful and delicious pork loin that your family will love!
- 1 Pork Loin
1/4 Cup Killer Hogs Texas Brisket BBQ Rub
1/4 Cup R Butts R Smokin' Ozark Heat BBQ Rub
- 2 Each Avocado
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- FUEL: 2 Chunks Hickory Wood Chunks
- 4 Tablespoons Chipotle in adobo (minced or pureed)
- 4 oz Lime Juice, Fresh Squeezed
- 6 Tablespoons Cilantro, Rough Chopped
2 Tablespoons Kozlik’s Triple Crunch Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Garlic, Fresh Chopped
1 Cup Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ teaspoon Salt, Kosher
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper, Fresh Ground
Pura Vida Sauce
For Pura Vida:
Combine all is a bowl and whip until fully incorporated. Reserve for alter use. Whip again just before using.
Pork Loin Method:
- Trim the pork loin of any visible silver skin. Cut a diamond pattern across the top and fat cap. Season all sides liberally and allow to quick cure or dry brine in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, rinse the seasoning off and blot dry with disposable towels. Stabilize your grill at 400° F and set up for a half direct and half indirect grill face.
- Place the wood chunks in the hottest portion of the bed of coals. Once the wood chunks ignite, place the loin, fat cap side down on the indirect side of the grill and roast lid down for 20 minutes. Then flip. Roast for another 20 minutes lid down. Then remove and allow to rest for 10 minutes (loin should have an internal temp around 120° F at this point). While the pork is resting, leave the lid and draft door fully open to drive up the temperature.
Slice the pork loin directly down the center, season the newly revealed sides and then sear them on the direct flame. Be sure to roll loins around to avoid any “over caramelization” until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145° F.
- Serving Size
- 7.27 oz
- per serving
- 4 grams
- 23 grams
- 17 grams
- 726 milligrams