Pumpkin Spice Truffles
Tasty little chocolate treats are exactly what your holiday parties need, so fire up the smoker and try a batch of these Pumpkin Spice Truffles. You’ll be glad you did!
1 (2 lb) pie pumpkin
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 1/2 cup ginger snap crumbs
- 4 oz white chocolate chips, melted
- 8 oz white chocolate, melted
- 8 oz dark chocolate, melted
Noble Saltworks Smoked Hickory Flaked Finishing Salt
For the filling:
For the coating:
To prepare the pumpkin purée, preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 350ºF, set up for indirect grilling. Fill an A-Maze-N Tube Smoker with your favorite wood pellets. Place the tube on the left-hand side of the main cooking grate. Light the end with a torch. Let the flame burn for about 30 seconds, then blow out the flame.
- Split the pumpkin vertically in half. Scoop out seeds and discard. Place the halved pumpkin on the second shelf of the grill. Cook until tender, about 45 minutes. Remove the skin. Scoop out the flesh. Place in a food processor. Purée the flesh of the pumpkin until smooth. Remove from the food processor and clean out the bowl.
- Combine the cream cheese and powdered sugar in the clean bowl of the food processor. Mix until well incorporated. Add 1/2 cup pumpkin purée, along with the maple syrup, cinnamon, allspice. Mix well. Add the ginger snap crumbs and melted chocolate. Mix until well incorporated. Transfer to a container with a lid. Place in the refrigerator until chilled.
- Transfer the chilled filling to the freezer for 30-60 minutes. Remove from the freezer. Scoop out one tablespoon at a time and roll each portion into a ball. Place the balls on a parchment lined sheet pan. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- For the coating, melt the chocolates separately. The white chocolate will melt best in a bowl over a pot of simmering water. The dark chocolate can be melted in the microwave.
Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate (half white, half dark). Place back on the parchment lined sheet pan. Just after dipping and transferring the truffles, sprinkle with a dusting of cinnamon and a pinch of Noble Saltworks Smoked Hickory Flaked Finishing Salt.
You might also enjoy: Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
- Serving Size
- 7.38 oz
- per serving
- 71 grams
- 9 grams
- 32 grams
- 367 milligrams