One Pan Chicken Fajitas
Gather the family around the table for an easy and delicious meal! Our One Pan Chicken Fajitas are packed with flavor and feature a delicious mix of chicken thighs and fresh veggies - perfect for any day of the week or for your Cinco de Mayo celebration. Delight your crew with a quick and delicious dinner that's sure to be a hit. Ready to get cooking?
- 1 lb chicken thighs, boneless, skinless, sliced 1/4”-1/2” strips
1/2 cup Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeno Fajita Bath
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Colonial Chile Infused Oil
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning
- 2 cups onions (red, yellow and/or white), sliced 1/4”
- 2 cups peppers (poblano, anaheim and/or bell), sliced 1/4”
Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning
1 tbsp Mangalista Pork Lard
- 12 Street Taco Flour Tortillas
- 12 lime wedges
- Cotija or Queso Fresco crumbled cheese
For the chicken
For the veggies
For the tacos
- Mix together the Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeno Fajita Bath, water, soy sauce, Colonial Chile Infused Oil and Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning. Whisk well to combine. Place the sliced chicken in a Mini Briner Bucket and pour the marinade over the top. Marinate for about one hour, then remove the chicken from the marinade.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 500ºF with the Yoder smokers Wood Fired Oven attachment installed.
- In a large bowl, combine the marinated chicken, sliced onions and peppers. Season modestly with Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning and toss to coat.
- Place a Lodge 10.5” x 15.5” Cast Iron Bakeware pan inside the Wood Fired Oven for 5 minutes to preheat.
- Carefully pull the pan out of the oven. Place the tablespoon of lard on the griddle and more it around to coat the whole surface as it melts. Dump the fajita mixture onto the hot cast iron and spread out evenly to the edges of the pan.
- Cook for 10 minutes, then turn the pan and toss the chicken and veggies. Return to the grill and cook until the chicken and veggies are browned at the edges and the chicken temperature has surpassed 175ºF, about 5 minutes more.
- Lay wet paper towels in a half sized foil pan. Place parchment paper on top. Lay out the dozen tortillas on the parchment. Wrap the parchment and wet paper towels over the top of the tortillas, the place the pan on top of the wood fired oven to steam for about 3-5 minutes, with the grill door closed. This will soften and warm the tortillas. Remove from the grill.
- Divide the filling among the dozen small tortillas. Top each fajita with the crumbled cheese, cilantro and a wedge of lime.
Yields 12 small tacos, 6 servings total.
- Serving Size
- 2 tacos
- per serving
- 5 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 1 grams
- 58 milligrams
- 318 milligrams
- 14 grams
- 4 grams
- 2 grams
- 24 grams