Chef Tom fires up the Kamado Joe Pellet Joe for another killer holiday dish, Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes. You can call them a side dish or a dessert, either way they will be devoured!
Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes
Chef Tom's Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes recipe are a flavor-packed side dish or dessert. With a unique blend of sweet and savory seasonings, they have a delicious balance of salty and sweet.
2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled, diced 3/4”
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
1 tsp Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head Seasoning
1/2 tsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup Noble Saltworks Smoked Maple Turbinado Sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, diced
1 tbsp Dizzy Pig Pineapple Head Seasoning
Maple Ginger Glaze:
- Preheat your Kamado Joe Pellet Joe Grill to 425ºF.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the diced sweet potatoes. Simmer potatoes for about 10 minutes, until softened but not falling apart.
- Combine all ingredients for the Maple Ginger Glaze in a Fine 10” Cast Iron Skillet, and bring to simmer to dissolve, whisking.
- Combine streusel toppings in the Vitamix blender (or food processor) and blend until a crumbly texture is formed.
- Place the sweet potatoes in the skillet and toss in the glaze.
- Crumble the topping over the glazed sweet potatoes.
- Bake on the grill until the topping is browned and filling is bubbling, about 40 minutes.
- Serving Size
- 6.12 oz
- per serving
- 50 grams
- 3 grams
- 18 grams
- 79 milligrams