Jamaican Jerk Chicken Skewers
Chef Tom fires up the Primo Oval Ceramic Grill for Jamaican Jerk Chicken Skewers with scratch-made jerk marinade cooked over lump charcoal and wood.
- 3 Scotch Bonnet chiles, stems removed
- 1/2 cup green onions, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup ground Jamaican Allspice
1/4 cup Noble Saltworks Smoked Turbinado Sugar
1/4 cup Noble Saltworks Smoked Black Pepper
2 tbsp Noble Saltworks Cherry Wood Smoked Salt
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 5 lb chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
Plowboys BBQ Jerk Seasoning
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Combine all ingredients except the chicken, Plowboys BBQ Jerk Seasoning and pineapple juice in a food processor and pulse until broken down, but still contains small chunks of texture.
- Combine the jerk marinade/sauce and chicken in a bowl. Toss to coat. Marinate 8 hours (or overnight).
- Build a hot charcoal fire in your Primo Oval Large Ceramic Grill.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Slice the thighs in half lengthwise to create long strips of chicken thighs. Thread the meat onto flat bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water for at least 30 minutes. Season the skewered chicken with Plowboys BBQ Jerk Seasoning.
- Grill over direct heat until lightly charred on all sides. Move to indirect heat, if needed.
Baste the chicken with the pineapple juice and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 175ºF, glazing occasionally.
You might also enjoy: Grilled Pineapple BBQ Chicken Skewers
- Serving Size
- 7.08 oz
- per serving
- 5.3 grams
- 27.3 grams
- 24.6 grams
- 907 milligrams