Grilled Pineapple Barbecue Chicken Skewers
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for these Grilled Pineapple BBQ Chicken Skewers, a perfect appetizer for a Summer barbecue!
- Slice the chicken thighs in half length-wise.
- Combine the Smoke on Wheels KC Bootleg BBQ Sauce and pineapple juice in a Briner Mini 4 quart brining bucket and whisk to combine. Add the chicken to the Briner Bucket. Lock the plate in place to keep the chicken submerged. Marinate refrigerated for 2 hours.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 500°F set up for direct grilling with GrillGrate grilling panels in place over the fire box.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade. Thread onto flat bamboo skewers. Season with R butts R Smokin’ Honey Chipotle.
- Strain the marinade to remove any solids, and transfer the liquid to a cast iron skillet. Bring the marinade to a simmer and cook for a minimum of 5 minutes, and until you achieve a thickened consistency for glazing the chicken.
- Grill your pineapple rounds briefly to get some nice grill marks. Remove from the grill and set aside.
Grill the chicken, flipping to get grill marks on all sides. Remove from the grill when the internal temperature reaches 165°F-175°F in the deepest part of the thigh.
- While the chicken is cooking, dice the pineapple, discarding the cores of the rounds.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and immediately brush with the glaze on all sides.
- Serve the chicken skewers family style on a platter with the diced grilled pineapple sprinkled over the top.
You might also enjoy: Grilled Chicken Spiedini
- Serving Size
- 8.12 oz
- per serving
- 18 grams
- 28 grams
- 7 grams
- 331 milligrams