Let Chef Tom show you the way to flame-roasting success with his techniques for grilling garlic! Learn the secrets of making delicious garlic confit without fail. Let your taste buds be tantalized by the smoky aroma and flavor of fire-roasted garlic!
There are a number of ways to make Roasted Garlic. Today, Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill and shares three techniques for roasting garlic on the grill, including how to make garlic confit.
Roasted Whole Head of Garlic:
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 300ºF, set up for indirect grilling. Slice the pointed end (opposite the root) off, exposing the ends of the cloves of garlic, but keeping the head of garlic intact.
- Place the head of garlic on a sheet of foil. Drizzle with olive oil. Wrap tightly in the foil.
- Place the foil wrapped garlic on the grill and cook until tender, about 40 minutes.
Roasted Cloves of Garlic:
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 300ºF, set up for indirect grilling. Divide the head of garlic into individual cloves, but leave wrapped in their skins.
- Place the cloves of garlic on a sheet of foil. Drizzle with olive oil. Wrap tightly in the foil.
- Place the foil wrapped garlic on the grill and cook until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Place 2 dozen cloves of peeled garlic in a Lodge 8" Cast Iron Skillet. Cover with olive oil (about 1 1/2 cups).
- Cover the skillet with a lid and place on the grill at 300ºF.
- Cook until the cloves of garlic are tender, but not browned, about 30 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- Strain the garlic from the oil. Reserve the oil. Store the garlic and oil separately in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serving Size
- 0.13 oz
- per serving
Amount/Serving % Daily Value
- 0.3 grams
- 0.1 grams
- 8.4 grams
- 0 milligrams