Chef Tom fires up the Napoleon P500RSIB Gas Grill for a Grilled Turkey Roulade stuffed with a holiday pesto!
Grilled Turkey Roulade
Cook up this great recipe from Chef Tom! His Grilled Turkey Roulade is stuffed with a delicious pesto and sure to be a hit- perfect for the festive season!
- 1 pair bone-in turkey breasts
1 cup Sweetwater Spice Classic Holiday Turkey Bath
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
1/4 cup Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed, peeled
- 1/2 oz fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 oz fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 oz fresh rosemary leaves
- zest and juice of 1 lemon juice
6 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup feta
ATBBQ Grilled Turkey Roulade Kit
Get the kit for this recipe
- Pull the skin off of the turkey breasts. Save for wrapping the bird. Remove the breasts from the carcass. Save the bones for turkey stock. Butterfly the breast, to make a flat, even piece of meat.
- Pour 1 cup (half of a bottle) of Sweetwater Spice Classic Holiday Turkey Bath into a 4 quart Briner Mini. Add 1/4 cup Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt, along with up to 2 quarts of water, and whisk to combine.
- Place the turkey in the Briner Bucket and fully submerged. Place the plate in place and lock to keep the turkey submerged. Let soak for one hour in the refrigerator.
- Combine the olive oil, pistachios, garlic, herbs, lemon zest and juice in a small food processor. Process until a smooth paste is formed.
- Preheat your Napoleon P500RSIB Gas Grill to 425ºF-450ºF, using primarily the outside gas burners. Be sure the second shelf is installed. Place a Napoleon Reversible Cast Iron Griddle in the center of the main cooking grate, flat side up.
- Lay out your turkey skin over a FrogMat (silicon coated woven mat). Season the skin on both sides with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning.
- Remove the turkey from the Briner Bucket. Wipe off excess marinade. Place the breasts on top of the laid out turkey skin, laid out in on even flat layer covering most of the skin. Season the breasts with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning.
- Spread the “holiday pesto” in an even layer over the breasts. Sprinkle the feta over the pesto.
- Roll the breasts up into a tight tube. Wrap the skin around the rolled breasts, and the Frogmat around the skin. Tie the Frogmat with butcher’s twine.
- Place the roulade on the second shelf of the grill. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165ºF, about 1 hour.
- Remove the roulade from the grill. Increase the heat under the cast iron griddle to high.
- Cut the twine and remove the roulade from the FrogMat. Carefully transfer the roulade to the griddle and cook to brown the surface, rolling to sear on all sides.
- Remove the roulade from the griddle. Rest 20 minutes. Slice to serve.
- Serving Size
- 5.15 oz
- per serving
- 4 grams
- 74 grams
- 28 grams
- 6780 milligrams