Chef Britt shares her favorite holiday cookie recipe: the gingersnap! She shows you how to make perfectly chewy and crispy molasses ginger cookies with a smoky edge!
- 8 oz Unsalted Butter, softened
- 625 grams Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 340 grams Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons Distilled White Vinegar
- 795 grams All-Purpose or Bread Flour
- 24 grams Baking Soda
- 8 grams Ground Ginger
- 1.5 grams Ground Cinnamon
- 2 grams Ground Cloves
- 2 grams Ground Cardamom
1 Jar Noble Saltworks Maple Turbinado Sugar
- Preheat Yoder Smokers YS640s to 350°F.
- Using the paddle attachment on a stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy in texture. Add eggs and continue to cream until well blended into the butter mixture.
- Add molasses and vinegar and continue to beat until blended. Sift together flour, spices, and baking soda. Add to mixture and paddle on low speed until incorporated. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl to avoid any patches of butter that may have been missed!
Using a cookie scoop, drop cookie dough balls into a dish filled with Noble Saltworks Maple Turbinado Sugar. Roll the cookie dough balls in the sugar to coat and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F in the YS640s for 15-18 minutes if making large cookies. If making smaller sized cookies, bake for 12-15 minutes. They will be done when they have characteristic cracks on the top surface and have set, slightly-browned edges.
You might also enjoy: Smoked Pecan Sandies
- Serving Size
- 2.32 oz
- per serving
- 41 grams
- 3.6 grams
- 5 grams
- 175 milligrams