Easiest Weeknight Cheeseburger
Chef Eric Gephart fires up the Kamado Joe Classic III Ceramic Charcoal Grill for an easy weeknight cheeseburger.
He dresses it up with some of his favorite accoutrements but don't overthink things - delicious does not have to be difficult.
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef (3 each, 8 oz burgers)
2 tbsp R Butts R Smokin’ R Beef Rub
2 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 slices pepper jack cheese
- 3 each brioche burger buns
- 3 each (1/4” inch) heirloom tomato slices
- 3 leaves Butter/Bibb lettuce
- 1/4 cup Thousand Islands Dressing
1 tbsp Flavocano Smoky Red Pepper Hot Sauce
- Stabilize your Kamado Joe Classic III Ceramic Charcoal Grill at 450ºF. Set up your grill for 2 zone cooking.
- Place a grill grate over the flame at the lowest setting of the divide and conquer system and set the other side up indirect, using a half moon deflector shield and installing a grill grate at the highest setting.
- Shape the ground beef into 8 oz portions, round them and flatten evenly and shape the walls.
- Season each side of the burgers. Slightly oil the grill grate and burger then place them on the direct side. Close the dome and allow to cook for 2 - 3 minutes the open the dome and flip.
- Allow to cook for 1 minute then top with the cheese slices and transfer the burgers to the indirect side.
- Place the buns on the direct side and toast evenly. Transfer the buns and finished burgers to a building station.
- Add a dollop of Burger Sauce to the top and bottom of the buns. Top the bottom bun with lettuce, tomato, cheeseburger and finally top with the top bun.
Read More: How to Light a Kamado Joe Ceramic Grill
You May Also Like: Quick Cured Pork Loin on the Kamado Joe Classic III
- Serving Size
- 13.72 oz
- per serving
- 30.3 grams
- 41.1 grams
- 83 grams
- 1155 milligrams