Bring a touch of southwestern flavor to your table with Chili Blanco. Our delicious, creamy and zesty recipe is made with grilled chicken, perfect for creating a warm and inviting atmosphere this Fall.
Discover the unforgettable flavor of Chili Blanco! This creamy, savory dish is the perfect way to warm up on a crisp autumn evening - with a hint of smoky char from the grill, it's sure to please the whole family.
- 2 lb chicken, your choice- light/dark meat, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 Anaheim chiles, seeded, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Mexican oregano
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 2 (15 oz) cans of pinto beans, drained
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch cilantro, diced
- 1 avocado, diced (optional)
- Pepper Jack Cheese (optional)
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Smoker to 400°F. Heat a Lodge 7 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven in the cooker, as well. Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a hot skillet, just until aromatic. Transfer the seeds to a spice grinder or mortar and pestle. Add the Mexican oregano and Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning. Grind until spices are broken down.
- Add your oil to the dutch oven, then add the onions and chiles. Sweat until onions are translucent, 10-15 minutes. Add the chicken, cook about five minutes. Add the garlic, flour and spices. Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring. Add beans and stock. Let cook 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- After an hour, the soup should be thickened and ingredients tender. Stir in the sour cream and cilantro. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve with grated pepper jack cheese and avocado.
- Serving Size
- 10.68 oz
- per serving
- 77 grams
- 65 grams
- 29 grams
- 892 milligrams