Chef Tom fires up the Napoleon Phantom 500 for a cheesy, creamy Carne Asada Taco Soup featuring charcoal grilled flank steak.
Carne Asada Taco Soup
This delicious Carne Asada Taco Soup is made with cheesy and creamy goodness and charcoal-grilled flank steak for an extra special flavor.
- 1 lb Creekstone Farms Natural Prime Flank Steak
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 ear (3/4 cup kernals) fresh corn on the cob
2 tbsp beef tallow
- 2 cups yellow onion
- 1 cup Hatch/Anaheim peppers
2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup tomatoes, medium dice
- 3/4 cup (1/2 can) black beans, rinsed
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb American cheese, cubed
Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Queso fresco or Cotija, for garnish
Heat Maverick’s Anti Gravity Hot Sauce, optional
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Install a Napoleon Grills Cast Iron Charcoal Tray in the Napoleon Phantom 500 gas grill. Fill with lump charcoal. Light the burners underneath the charcoal tray and set to high heat. Install the grill grates over the charcoal. Allow the charcoal about 5-10 minutes to ignite, then turn off the gas underneath.
- Season your flank steak with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning.
- Grill the flank steak and corn on the cob over the charcoal. Rotate the corn to char on all sides, then remove from the grill. Cook the flank steak, flipping to lightly char the surface, until the internal temperature reaches 125ºF.
- Dice the steak into small pieces. Slice the corn kernels off of the cob.
- On the side burner, preheat a Finex 5 Quart Dutch Oven over medium heat. Add the beef tallow. When the tallow is melted, add onions and peppers and two tablespoons Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Taco Seasoning. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions are translucent and peppers begin to soften. Add the tomatoes, beans and garlic. Cook 30-60 seconds. Add chicken stock and heavy cream. Bring to simmer. Add cheese and stir to melt. Add 1/2 the steak. Simmer to thicken.
- Crisp the other half of the steak in a skillet with beef tallow and Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning.
- Serve topped with crisped carne asada, fresh cilantro, diced onions, crumbled cheese and Heat Maverick’s Anti Gravity Hot Sauce.
- Serving Size
- 10.78 oz
- per serving
- 28 grams
- 40 grams
- 31 grams
- 1500 milligrams