Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for some incredible, cheesy shrimp Tacos Gobernador cooked on the cast iron griddle in the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill.
Experience the smoky, cheesy goodness of Chef Tom's shrimp Tacos Gobernador. This recipe is cooked to perfection on Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill and cast iron griddle.
- 6-8 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb shrimp, shell off, tail off, deveined
- 1/2 cup roma tomato
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Queso Chihuahua
Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning, to taste
Hoff & Pepper Smoken Ghost Hot Sauce, to taste
- 1 lb tomatillos, husks peeled
- 2-3 Anaheim peppers
- 4 large jalapeño peppers
- Flesh of 2 small avocados
- 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- juice of 1 lime
Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Salt, to taste
For the Avocado Salsa Verde: (Y ~ 1 qt)
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 450ºF set up with the Yoder Smokers Reversible Cast Iron Griddle in center of the grill (flat side up). Place your standard grill grate on left side of the griddle, just over the fire box.
- Roast poblano on over direct flame until blackened on all side. Place in a bag to steam. Peel the skin. Remove the seeds. Dice the flesh.
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter on the griddle. Cook the onions with some Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning until softened and lightly browned. Move off to the right side of griddle.
- Add 1 more tbsp butter, then shrimp and more Mexicano. Cook until almost opaque. Add tomato, garlic and Hoff & Pepper Smoken Ghost Hot Sauce, to taste. Cook briefly.
- Combine shrimp mix, onions and roasted poblanos in a bowl. Add cilantro and lime and mix to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Wipe the griddle clean with wet towel.
- Melt more butter (2-3 tbsp) and place 6 corn tortillas on melted butter, top with about 2-3 tbsp cheese each and spread out cheese. add about 1/2 cup shrimp filling to the top of the cheese. Fold to enclose. Toast on both side of tortilla. Serve with Avocado Salsa Verde.
- Grill the tomatillos, peppers and onion over the direct flamel until the outsides are nicely charred. The peppers should be blackened on the outside. Place the peppers in a zip-top bag. Allow the peppers to steam in the bag for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from the bag. Remove the stems and seeds. Peel the skins from the flesh and discard. Roughly chop the flesh of the peppers. Remove the stems from the onions and roughly chop. Combine all salsa ingredients in a food processor or blender. Process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serving Size
- 7.56 oz
- per serving
- 25.1 grams
- 32.2 grams
- 17.3 grams
- 436 milligrams