Chef Eric Gephart fires up the Kamado Joe for these simple, flavor packed Chipotle Shrimp Tacos!
"I love quick, big, bold flavors. This dish can be made from start to finish in about 10 minutes and is one of my families favorite Taco Tuesday meals. Enjoy!"
- Chef Eric Gephart
Chipotle Shrimp Tacos
Delight your taste buds with these delectable chipotle shrimp tacos cooked to perfection on the Kamado Joe Grill. Add a creamy avocado cream and you have a meal that's sure to please. Gather up the ingredients to make this recipe and enjoy!
- 1/4 each yellow onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, sliced thin
1 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled & deveined (21/25 or smaller)
- 1/2 each (7 oz) can chipotles in adobo
- 2 each limes, juice
2 tsp Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 6-8 tortillas
- 2 tbsp cotija cheese
- 2 each avocado (slightly charred on the grill)
- 2 tbsp heavy cream (for consistency)
- 1 each lemon, juice
1 tsp Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
For the Avocado Cream:
- To make the Avocado Cream, place all ingredients in a food processor and whip until everything is incorporated. Add more cream if needed for sauce like consistency. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Stabilize your grill at 500ºF, place a large cast iron or grill safe pan on the grill and allow it to come to temperature.
- Place the oil in the pan, add the sliced onion and cabbage and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with the chipotle in adobo and add the shrimp to the pan, use a pair of tongs to mix everything evenly then top with seasoning and close the dome for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Open the dome, mix again then top with fresh squeezed lime juice and season with 8 Second Ride. Ensure the shrimp are fully cooked.
- Mix again and transfer directly to tortillas and top with avocado crème and crumbled cotija cheese.
- Serving Size
- 9.98 oz
- per serving
- 22.8 grams
- 26.7 grams
- 15.4 grams
- 610 milligrams