Chef Tom fires up the Le Griddle to cook off some marinated skirt steaks for a Carne Asada Burrito just in time for Cinco de Mayo!
Carne Asada Burrito
Delight in the delicious Carne Asada Burrito this Cinco de Mayo! Let Chef Tom show you the steps to marinate skirt steaks to get that sizzle as they hit the hot griddle. Enjoy the amazing smoky aroma of a flavorful fiesta!
- 2 lb of skirt steaks
Sweetwater Spice Tres Chiles Fajita Bath
Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning
Colonial Chile Infused Oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups Oaxaca cheese (or jack or mozzarella)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Greenade Green Chile Sauce, for serving (optional)
- 2 small avocados
3 tbsp Holmes Made Marty’s Green Chile Salsa
- 3 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp lime juice
Jacobsen Salt Co. Habanero Infused Salt
For the guacamole:
- Place your skirt steaks in an 8 quart Briner Bucket and cover with equal parts Sweetwater Spice Tres chiles Fajita Bath and water. Lock the plate in place to submerge the meat. Let soak for 45-60 minutes.
- Preheat one half of the Le Griddle to medium high heat. Preheat the other half to medium low heat.
- To make the guacamole, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mash to desired consistency with a fork. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Remove the skirt steaks from the Briner Bucket. Wipe off excess marinade from the surface. Season with Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning on all sides.
- Pour a few tablespoons of Colonial Chile Infused Oil on the medium low side of the griddle. Add the sliced onions and toss to coat in the oil. Cook gentle until softened and browned.
- Place a few tablespoons of the oil on the hotter side of the griddle. Place the skirt steaks on the oil. Cook until browned and seared across the surface then flip. Continue cooking until the bottom is seared and the internal temperature surpasses 130ºF. Remove from the griddle and rest 5 minutes.
- Turn all burners down to low heat.
- Dice the steaks into 1/2” cubes. Toss the cubes in the juice that was released while dicing. Squeeze the lime juice over the diced steak.
- Build the burritos on the griddle. Place your tortilla on the griddle and immediately sprinkle your cheese over the surface, spreading it evenly. Pour a little beer or water next to the tortilla and close the lid to steak for about 10 seconds. Open the lid and remove the tortilla, placing it on a work surface or sheet pan.
- Place your diced skirt steak, caramelized onions and guacamole in the center of the burrito. Carefully roll the burrito to enclose the fillings.
- Serving Size
- 12.56 oz
- per serving
- 16 grams
- 61 grams
- 45 grams
- 639 milligrams