Chef Tom fires up the flattop Le Griddle and cooks off thin sliced marinated skirt steak, onions & peppers and Caramelo tortillas for these Steak Fajitas!
This recipe for Chef Tom's Steak Fajitas sizzle with thin-sliced marinated skirt steak, onions & peppers cooked on the flattop Le Griddle. Delicious Caramelo tortillas finish off this hearty meal, sure to tantalize your taste buds.
- 1 lb skirt steak, sliced thin across the grain
Colonial Chile Infused Oil
Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced 1/4”
- 1 bell pepper, sliced 1/4”
- 6-8 flour tortillas
1/2 cup Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeño Fajita Bath
- 1/4 cup water
2 tbsp Colonial Chile Infused Oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 cup tomato, small dice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup serrano (or jalapeño) pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
Noble Saltworks Cherrywood Smoked Salt
- Non-fat Greek yogurt
Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning, to taste
- Lime juice, to taste
For the marinade:
For the pico de gallo:
For the crema:
- Preheat your Le Griddle for high heat cooking.
- Combine all ingredients for the pico de gallo in a bowl. Mix well. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To make the marinade, combine the Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeño Fajita Bath, water, Colonial Chile Infused Oil, soy sauce and Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning in a pint sized mason jar. Shake vigorously to mix.
- Place the thin sliced steak in a zip top bag. Pour the marinade in the bag. Close the bag and massage the marinade into the meat. Let the marinade soak in for about 20 minutes.
- Spread a couple of tablespoons of Colonial Chile Infused Oil across the griddle. Add the sliced onions and peppers on the griddle and cook until browned and softened.
- When the onions are nearly done, pile them in a mound and place a Lodge Cast Iron Fajita Skillet on the griddle to preheat.
- Add a couple more tablespoons of Colonial Chile Infused Oil to the griddle. Remove the sliced skirt steak from the bag and transfer directly to the grill. Spread the beef out so it can brown. Sprinkle more of the Cattleman’s Grill Mexicano Seasoning over the beef as it cooks. Remove the beef when it is browned and cook through.
- To make the crema, mix all three ingredients and season to taste.
- Assemble the Steak Fajitas, filling the flour tortillas with the skirt steak, onions, peppers, pico de gallo and crema.
- Serving Size
- 7.06 oz
- per serving
- 22 grams
- 23 grams
- 18 grams
- 590 milligrams