Brisket Breakfast Taco
Chef Tom fires up the Le Griddle flattop and utilizes leftover Beef Tallow Smoked Brisket to answer the question, Will it Taco? The Brisket Breakfast Taco features Caramelo tortillas with toasted queso Chihuahua, a slab of brisket, sunny side egg and scratch-made potatoes O'Brien topped with salsa de arbol.
6 slices Beef Tallow Smoked Brisket
- 6 Caramelo tortillas
- 2 cups chihuahua cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4-1/2 cup jalapeño, diced
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All-Purpose Seasoning
- 6 eggs
- Beef tallow (or cooking oil), as needed
- 30 Arbol chiles, toasted
- 6 oz tomatoes
- 2 oz tomatillos, husked, rinsed
- 4 oz yellow onion (1/4-1/2 of an onion)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt, to taste
For the Salsa de Arbol:
- Preheat the Le Griddle flattop griddle surface over medium heat.
- To make the Salsa de Arbol, first toast the Arbol chiles on the flattop for 30-60 seconds, just until fragrant. Remove and transfer to a blender.
- Place the whole tomatoes and tomatillos, quartered onion and garlic on the griddle. Close lid or cover with a bowl.
- Toast until blackened, turning to char all sides. Remove when the juices start to come out of the tomatoes and tomatillos. Transfer to the blender.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Combined diced potatoes, onion and jalapeño. Place about one tablespoon beef tallow on the Le Griddle. When the tallow is melted, add the potato mixture. Season with Cattleman's Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning to taste. Cook, turning occasionally until browned and softened. Remove and transfer to a bowl. Cover and hold warm.
- Brown the brisket slices on the griddle and warm through.
- At the same time, place the Caramelo flour tortillas on the griddle and toast one side. Remove from the griddle before flipping.
- Space out 6 (1/3 cup) portions of shredded Chihuahua cheese on the griddle. Place the tortillas, toasted side down, on top of the cheese. Cook until the cheese is browned and toasted. Using a spatula, scrape under the cheese and flip to toast the raw side of the tortilla. When the tortilla is toasted, remove from the griddle.
Place one slice of brisket on each cheese toasted tortilla.
- Add more beef tallow to the Le Griddle. Crack six eggs on the griddle. Cook to desired doneness.
- Place the eggs on top of the brisket slices. Top with the potatoes. Drizzle with the salsa de arbol.
You might also enjoy: Beef Tallow Smoked Brisket
- Serving Size
- 17.6 oz
- per serving
- 46 grams
- 60 grams
- 74 grams
- 916 milligrams