It’s getting warm outside, and this light and bright BBQ Grilled Chicken Breasts with Mango Pico de Gallo recipe is a perfect weeknight recipe for a warm Summer night!
BBQ Grilled Chicken Breasts with Mango Pico de Gallo
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
Enjoy the warmth of summer with this light and fresh BBQ Grilled Chicken Breasts recipe with the added zing of Mango Pico de Gallo! Perfect for those weeknight dinners and truly an amazing taste sensation!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade & Injection
Plowboys BBQ Yardbird Rub
- 1 lb heirloom tomatoes, small dice
- 1 mango, diced
- 3/4 cup (4 oz) red onion, minced
- 3/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup jalapeño, minced
- 1/4 cup lime juice
Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Finishing Salt
- 1/4 cup rum
1/4 cup Firebug Grilling Sauce Mild
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup Reida Farm Wildflower Honey
For the Mango Pico de Gallo:
For the glaze:
- To make the Mango Pico de Gallo, simply combine all ingredients in a bowl or container and mix well. Store the refrigerator for up to one week.
Preheat your Napoleon P500 Gas Grill. Turn on half of the burners and set to high. Leave the remaining two burners off. Place two panels of (17.375”) GrillGrates on top of the Napoleon Grates, on the hot side of the grill.
- Inject the chicken breasts with the Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade & Injection, inserting the needle into the center of the meat, poking around to create a small pocket, then pushing the plunger to inject the liquid. When the liquid starts to come back out, move the needle to a new location and repeat.
- Dab excess moisture from the surface of the meat with a towel. Season with Plowboys BBQ Yardbird Rub on all sides. Let the rub set up until the entire surface of the breasts is wet in appearance, about 5 minutes.
- Grill the breasts on the GrillGrates, over direct heat, until you have good grill marks. Flip and turn and continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 160°F. Remove from the grill and rest.
Just before removing the breasts from the grill, preheat a Lodge 8" Cast Iron Skillet on the side burner. Add the glaze ingredients to the skillet. Bring to a simmer. Cook until reduced and thickened to a glaze consistency. It should be thin enough to easily spread across the surface off the chicken, and just thick enough to cling to the meat, not just run off.
- Glaze the chicken breasts on all sides and serve topped with the Mango Pico de Gallo.
- Serving Size
- 13.57 oz
- per serving
- 58.9 grams
- 27.4 grams
- 6.7 grams
- 2556 milligrams