BBQ, bacon, & cheeseburgers. What a magic combination! Check out Chef Tom’s BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger recipe, and this KILLER setup on the Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill!
BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger
Indulge in the ultimate flavor combination with Chef Tom's BBQ Bacon Cheeseburger recipe! Savory BBQ, smoky bacon, and melted cheese create an irresistible burger you won't resist! Experience the magic of this classic combo and make your next barbecue the best yet!
- 1 lb 80/20 ground beef
R Butts R Smokin’ R Beef Rub
- 6 slices thick cut bacon
- 3 slices white American cheese
- 3 slices yellow American cheese
- Fried onions (recipe below)
- 3 brioche buns
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
Smoke on Wheels Bootleg Bourbon Infused BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion, thin sliced
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- vegetable oil for frying
For the fried onions:
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 450°F, set up for direct grilling, with GrillGrates in place on the left side of the grill and a Weber Griddle on the right side of the grill (top shelf removed).
To make the fried onions, fill a Lodge 8” Cast Iron Skillet half full of vegetable oil. Preheat the oil to 350°F-375°F. Place the buttermilk in a small bowl. Combine the flour and Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning in a second small bowl and mix well.
- Working in batches, dunk the onion slices in the buttermilk, then dredge in the flour mixture. Lay out on a plate until ready to fry. Fry the onions in batches, take care not to overcrowd the skillet. Fry until golden brown in color. Carefully remove with a spider or slotted spoon. Place on paper towels to soak up any extra oil.
- Cook the bacon on the griddle until browned to desired doneness.
Form the beef into 1/3 pound patties. Season with R Butts R Smokin’ R Beef Rub.
- Brush the cut sides of the brioche buns with the melted butter. Brown the buns on the griddle.
- Grill the burger patties until you achieve nice grill marks. Flip and top each patty with one slice of white American cheese and one slice of yellow American cheese. Cook until cheese is melted and the internal temperature of the burger patties reaches 155°F.
To build the burgers, spread the bottom bun with mayonnaise. Add two slices of bacon. Top the bacon with the burger patty. Top the burger patty with a pile of fried onions. Drizzle Smoke on Wheels Bootleg Bourbon Infused BBQ Sauce over the onions and finish with the top bun.
- Serving Size
- 15.05 oz
- per serving
- 33 grams
- 70.6 grams
- 78.8 grams
- 1422 milligrams