Fresh ground beef brisket patties, American and pepper jack cheeses, bacon, smoky mustard grilled onions & cowboy sauce on a brioche bun. Giddy up! This is the Cowboy Brisket Burger!
Cowboy Brisket Burger
Feast on a tantalizing taste adventure with the Cowboy Brisket Burger! Create juicy ground beef brisket patties, add melty American and pepper jack cheese, bacon, smoky mustard grilled onions and cowboy sauce then pile high on a brioche bun! Giddy up for a wild and memorable burger experience!
- 2 lb ground brisket
R Butts R Smokin’ R Beef Rub
- 8 slices American cheese
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 brioche buns
- Clarified butter for toasting buns
- 1 tbsp clarified butter
- 1 large yellow onion, halved, sliced 1/8” thick
Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Finishing Salt
1/2 cup Holmes Made Smoky Cowboy Mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce
- 1 tbsp pickle juice
For the grilled onions:
For the Cowboy Sauce:
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 450ºF, set up with the diffuser removed and the YS Cast Iron Griddle in place over the firebox.
- To make the cowboy sauce, combine all ingredients and whisk well to combine. Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.
To make the grilled onions, melt the clarified butter on the YS Cast Iron Skillet. Add the sliced onions. Season with a few shakes of Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Finishing Salt. Toss and cook until softened and slightly caramelized. Transfer from the grill to an 8” Lodge Cast Iron Skillet. Add the Holmes Made Smoky Cowboy Mustard to the onions and let cook down on the right side of the grill for about 5 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- Cook the bacon on the griddle to desired doneness. Remove and reserve.
- Form the ground brisket into 8 equal (1/4 lb) patties.
- Place the patties on the griddle and smash to the width of your brioche buns. Season the side facing up with the R Butts R Smokin’ R Beef Rub. When a nice crust is formed on the bottom of the beef patty, flip the burger. Top each patty with a slice of American and pepper jack cheeses. Place two half slices of bacon on top of each patty, as well. Continue cooking until the internal temperature reaches 150º. Remove from the grill.
- Spread the bottom of each toasted brioche bun with Cowboy Sauce. Add the shredded lettuce to the bottom bun. Place two bacon, cheese and brisket patties on each bun. Top with the Smoky Cowboy Mustard Caramelized Onions, and the top bun.
- Serving Size
- 20.78 oz
- per serving
- 46 grams
- 113 grams
- 139 grams
- 2639 milligrams