Bacon Wrapped Chimichurri Pork Tenderloin
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for Bacon Wrapped Chimichurri Pork Tenderloin! This super tender cut of pork is slathered in fresh-made chimichurri, fully wrapped in bacon and grilled over direct wood pellet fire for a mouthwatering dinner!
- 3 pork tenderloins
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 2 lb classic cut bacon
- 3/4 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh oregano
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed, peeled
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill 8 Second Ride Carne Asada Seasoning
- 3 tbsp capers
- 6 tbsp red wine vinegar
3/4 cup Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt, to taste
Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Black Peppercorns, fresh ground, to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chimichurri
For the chimichurri:
- To make the chimichurri, combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until mostly smooth. Set aside 1/2 cup chimichurri for the chimichurri aioli.
- Trim the silver skin from the surface of the pork tenderloins. Transfer them to a large zip top bag. Add the remaining chimichurri. If you have the time, let the pork marinate for a couple of hours. If not, simply massage the chimichurri into the meat.
- Remove the chimichurri soaked pork tenderloins from the bag. Season the surface with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning.
Starting at one end of the pork tenderloin, wrap the bacon around the tenderloin in an overlapping spiral that covers the surface off the meat. Use several sliced of bacon until the entire tenderloin is covered.
- Grill the bacon wrapped chimichurri pork tenderloin over direct heat at 500ºF until bacon is browned. Flip and brown the opposite side. Move to indirect heat and cook until the internal temperature reaches 140ºF.
- Slice the tenderloin into medallions and serve with the chimichurri aioli for dipping.
- Serving Size
- 6.89 oz
- per serving
- 3.6 grams
- 26.7 grams
- 37.2 grams
- 970 milligrams