Chef Tom brings together two of our favorite barbecue foods to create Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Barbecue Chicken, smoke-roasted on the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Barbecue Chicken
Introducing a recipe for Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Barbecue Chicken, smoke-roasted to perfection on the grill. Try this unique and delicious recipe from Chef Tom and experience the perfect combination of two of your favorite BBQ flavors!
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 375ºF set up for indirect grilling.
- Slice the stems off of the jalapeños. Be careful not to slice all the way though the flesh exposing the inside of the pepper. Slice a slit lengthwise down the pepper. Squeeze the pepper to open the cut exposing the inside of the pepper. Cut/scoop out the seeds.
- To make the jalapeño popper filling, combine the cheddar, cream cheese and 1/4 cup Meat Church Honey Bacon BBQ Rub in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, mix until well incorporated.
- Scoop the cheese mixture into the jalapeños filling them all the way full though the slit down the side of the pepper.
- Lay out a boneless skinless chicken thigh and season modestly with the Meat Church Honey Bacon BBQ Rub on both sides.
- Place a stuffed jalapeño cut side down on the chicken thigh and wrap the thigh meat around the jalapeño popper.
- Lay out two slices of bacon right next to one another. Lay out a third slice at a 90º angle to the other two slices, toward one end of the bacon slices. Place the jalapeño popper stuff chicken thigh on the bacon. Wrap the single slice around the thigh so that it covers the open ends of the thigh where the pepper may be sticking out. Roll the thigh in the other two slices of bacon to full enclose the jalapeño popper stuffed thigh.
- Season the outside of the Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper BBQ Chicken modestly with Meat Church Honey Bacon BBQ Rub.
- When all Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper BBQ Chicken thighs are assembled, transfer to the second shelf of the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill.
- Grill until the bacon begins to brown and the inside edge of the chicken meat registers 165ºF on an instant read digital thermometer, about 1 hour.
- Remove the Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Barbecue Chicken from the grill and immediately brush with Kozlik’s Bourbon Maple BBQ Sauce. Let the sauce set up and the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serving Size
- 10 oz
- per serving
- 7 grams
- 31 grams
- 31 grams
- 1391 milligrams