- By Tom Jackson
- Aug 2, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for brisket and smoked cream cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped Texas Twinkies!
- 12 large jalapeños
- 1 cup leftover Texas brisket, chopped
- 8 oz smoked cream cheese
- 2 tbsp Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce
- 24 slices classic cut bacon (not thick)
- Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold
- Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce, for brushing
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 300ºF, set up for smoking.
Using a paring knife, slice a slit lengthwise in each of the jalapeños from step to tip.
Place your jalapeños on the second shelf of the smoker for 20-30 minutes to soften.
While the jalapeños are softening, combine the chopped brisket, smoked cream cheese and two tablespoons Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce in a bowl and mix well. Transfer to the fridge to chill.
When the jalapeños are softened and cool enough to handle, clean out seeds/pith/veins from the jalapeños. I find a vegetable peeler to be the best tool for this job.
Stuff the brisket/cream cheese mixture into jalapeños through the openings you sliced. Fill the jalapeños full of the filling. Don’t overfill.
| You might also enjoy: Bacon Wrapped Barbecue Scotch Egg
Wrap each jalapeño in two pieces of bacon, to cover and encase the entire pepper.
Season the outside of surface of the Texas Twinkie with Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold.
| You might also enjoy: Texas Style Brisket
Transfer the peppers to the second shelf of the smoker and cook at 300ºF until bacon is rendered, about 60 minutes. Brush with Firebug Mild Grilling Sauce.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- BBQr's Delight Wood Pellets, 20lb BagAs low as
- Firebug Grilling Sauce Mild BBQ SauceAs low as
- Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold RubAs low as
- ATBBQ Pan & Jerky Rack$19.99
- Frogmats Non-Stick Grill and Smoker MatsAs low as
- Boos Block R02 Cherry Cutting Board, 24" x 18" x 1.5"$197.95