Chef Tom shows you a next level recipe with his delicious brisket and smoked cream cheese stuffed, bacon-wrapped Texas Twinkies! Savory, smoky, and undeniably mouthwatering.
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for brisket and smoked cream cheese stuffed, bacon wrapped Texas Twinkies!
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 300ºF, set up for smoking.
- Using a paring knife, slice a slit lengthwise in each of the jalapeños from step to tip.
- Place your jalapeños on the second shelf of the smoker for 20-30 minutes to soften.
- While the jalapeños are softening, combine the chopped brisket, smoked cream cheese and two tablespoons Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce in a bowl and mix well. Transfer to the fridge to chill.
- When the jalapeños are softened and cool enough to handle, clean out seeds/pith/veins from the jalapeños. I find a vegetable peeler to be the best tool for this job.
- Stuff the brisket/cream cheese mixture into jalapeños through the openings you sliced. Fill the jalapeños full of the filling. Don’t overfill.
Season the outside of surface of the Texas Twinkie with Plowboys BBQ Bovine Bold.
- Transfer the peppers to the second shelf of the smoker and cook at 300ºF until bacon is rendered, about 60 minutes. Brush with Firebug Mild Grilling Sauce.
- Serve warm.
- Serving Size
- 3.9 oz
- per serving
- 24.9 grams
- 11.4 grams
- 24.7 grams
- 1272 milligrams