Korean Buffalo Wings with Kimchi Ranch
- By Tom Jackson
- Aug 9, 2022
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers Adjustable Charcoal Flat-top Grill for Korean Buffalo Wings with Kimchi Ranch!
- 4-5 lb whole chicken wings
- Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Seasoning, fine ground
Korean Buffalo Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Gochujang fermented chile paste
- 1/4 cup Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp garlic, fine grated on microplane
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, fine grated on microplane
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 3/4 cup unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup kimchi
- 1/2 cup Kewpie mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup tbsp green onion, minced
Season your whole wings with fine ground Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Seasoning and let sit on a wire rack for 30-45 minutes while you fire up the grill.
Fill two chimney starters full of lump charcoal and light in the burn grate of the Yoder Smokers Flat-Top Charcoal Grill. When the charcoal is burning red to the top, dump in one half of the grill.
To make the kimchi ranch, combine kimchi, sour cream and mayo in a blender/food processor and blend until smooth. Fold in minced green onion. Store in the refrigerator.
To make the Korean Buffalo Sauce, combine all ingredients in a small skillet. Bring to a simmer. Whisk occasionally, and simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Transfer to the refrigerator and let cool.
| You might also enjoy: Honey Habanero Buffalo Wings
Dab excess moisture from the surface of the wings using a paper towel (some seasoning will be removed as well).
Place the wings over the hot charcoal, grilling on both sides until lightly charred. Remove the wings from the grill when the internal temperature passes 175ºF. Remove from the grill. Place in a large mixing bowl.
| You might also enjoy: Korean Barbecue Beef Bulgogi
Whisk the cooled Korean Buffalo Sauce to bring it back together. Pour over the wings. Toss inside the bowl to coat the wings.
Serve the Korean Buffalo Wings topped with more sliced green onions and the Kimchi Ranch for dipping.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Yoder Smokers Heavy Duty Cooking Grate for Charcoal GrillsAs low as
- Cattleman's Grill California Tri-Tip SeasoningAs low as
- Kamado Joe Fire Starters$12.99
- Lodge 8" Cast Iron Skillet$17.95
- Hestan Cue Smart Countertop Induction Burner Cooktop$299.00