How to Make an All Purpose Barbecue Rub
- By Tom Jackson
- May 22, 2020
This week on Tips & Techniques, Chef Tom takes us back to barbecue basics with this All Purpose Barbecue Rub. This seasoning is on the sweeter side, with just the right amount of salt, pepper, savory and smoky flavors. Perfect on your favorite barbecue foods, from chicken to pork to beef!
All Purpose Barbecue Rub Recipe
Yield: about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Noble Saltworks Maple Smoked Turbinado Sugar
- 2 tbsp Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Flaked Salt
- 1 tbsp Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
- 4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 4 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 tsp onion powder
- 4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Use to season your favorite barbecue meats. Works well on chicken, pork or beef.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Digital Camo Print Apron$34.99Out of stock