Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- By Tom Jackson
- Apr 16, 2021
Chef Tom fires up the Clementi Clementino Wood Fired Oven for some Buffalo Chicken Pizza!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 2 pizza dough balls (recipe here)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 2-3 oz blue cheese crumbles
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp Cattleman's Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- 8 oz smoked mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup Cattleman's Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
Buttermilk Ranch Dressing:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Noble Saltworks Hickory Smoked Salt
- Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Black Pepper, to taste
Build a fire in your Clementi Clementino. Slide the fire off to the side with the fire basket. Continue to feed the fire small splits of wood and stabilize the temperature around 600°F.
Place a Lodge 8” Cast Iron Skillet in the oven to preheat.
To make the Buffalo Sauce, combine all ingredients in the hot skillet and return to the oven. Bring to a simmer, then whisk. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool. Don’t worry about the sauce separating as it cools, it will whisk back together. When cooled, transfer to a squeeze bottle.
To make the Buttermilk Ranch Dressing, combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Transfer to a squeeze bottle.
To make the cream cheese base, combine the room temp cream cheese and 1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce in a bowl and mix well. Transfer to a piping bag or zip top plastic bag.
Place a Lodge 10.5” Square Grill Pan in the Clementino to preheat.
Season the chicken thighs with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning. Grill the chicken in the grill pan until the internal temperature reaches 175°F, flipping to brown both sides. Remove from the oven.
Remove the chicken from the pan and shred with forks. Add just enough Buffalo Sauce to coat the chicken. Set aside.
You might also enjoy: How to Make Pizza Dough
To build the pizzas, stretch each dough ball to 12”-14”. Spread a thin layer of the cream cheese base over the dough. Top with half the chicken and half the smoked mozzarella. Top with half the crumbled blue cheese.
Bake in the Clementino, turning when the crust on the fireside is browned. The pizza is done when all crust is browned (sides and bottom), and the cheese on top is browned and bubbling, about 2-3 minutes cook time.
Remove the pizza from the oven and finish with a drizzle of the Buttermilk Ranch Dressing and a drizzle of Buffalo Sauce.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Cattleman's Grill Trail Dust All Purpose RubAs low as
- Boos Block Maple Cutting Board with ATBBQ Logo, 20" x 15" x 1.5"$99.99
- Ooni Pizza 12" Peel$49.99
- Chef Works Bronx Bib Apron$39.99
- ATBBQ New Era 9Fifty Flat-bill Snapback Hat$29.99Out of stock