Bacon Wrapped Grilled Shrimp Cocktail
- By Tom Jackson
- Dec 27, 2022
This is a Bacon Wrapped Grilled Shrimp Cocktail that you can get excited about! Chef Tom reclaims this tired hors d'oeuvre recipe and updates it with an improved cocktail sauce and shrimp wrapped in bacon. Cooked on the Yoder Smokers Wood-Fired oven, this is an appetizer you can be proud to serve guests at your next party.
- 1 lb (20-24 each) jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail off
- Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- 12 slices bacon, halved lengthwise
- 1 (28 oz) can Ciao San Marzano Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
- 1 tbsp Reida Farm Pepper Infused Honey
- 1 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Blackening Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Zest of one lemon
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill at 600ºF with the Yoder Smokers Wood Fired Oven installed.
To make the cocktail sauce, combine all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Place a Lodge Bakeware 15.5” x 10.5” Cast Iron Baking Pan inside the wood fired oven, to preheat.
| You might also enjoy: Sweet Heat Deviled Eggs
Place a Lodge 10” Cast Iron Skillet on top of the oven and pour the cocktail sauce into the skillet. Let simmer and reduce to desired consistency, about 20 minutes. Remove from the grill and transfer to a bowl to chill in the refrigerator.
While the cocktail sauce cooks, prepare the shrimp. Season the shrimp with finely ground Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning. Take one long half strip of bacon and wrap it around the shrimp until the shrimp is fully covered in bacon. Toothpick the head end to the tail end forming the shrimp into a circle. Season the surface with finely ground Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning, as well.
| You might also enjoy: Potato Latkes
Cook the bacon wrapped shrimp on the cast iron baking pan until the bacon on the outside begins to crisp and the shrimp is cooked through. You can check the shrimp for doneness by looking at the exposed edge of the shrimp. It should be opaque all the way to the center of the shrimp.
Serve the bacon wrapped shrimp with the cocktail sauce for dipping.
Purchase Items in this Recipe
- Cattleman's Grill California Tri-Tip SeasoningAs low as
- BBQr's Delight Wood Pellets, 20lb BagAs low as
- LEM Products Meat Slicer with 7.5" Blade$109.99
- The Briner BucketsAs low as