Jensen Outdoor Opal Counter Height Chair
The Opal Counter Height Chair in durable Ipe timber has a transitional design that pairs perfectly with any Jensen Leisure Furniture Ipe counter table.
Raise your expectations for what a chair can be with the Opal Counter Height Dining Chair. The perfect pairing with any counter height dining table from Jensen Outdoor, this stylish chair mingles individual slats of solid Ipe timber on the comfortable back and seat and artfully tapered legs, as well as an open “O” carving on the upper backrest that takes its name from the precious jewel and has become the defining detail of the Opal Collection. Beneath the elevated styling and transitional design of the Opal Collection lies a heart of master craftsmanship and 100% FSC®-Certified Ipe timber sustainably sourced from Bolivia’s dry, tropical forests. The natural durability and weather resistance of Ipe timber makes it the perfect addition to any outdoor landscape. While the original dark, chocolate brown color of Ipe timber may be enjoyed for years, it can also be allowed to mature in a sparkling silver patina for a higher expression of elegance.
- Counter height chair frame is constructed with a supportive backrest, comfortable seat and tapered legs crafted from sustainably-sourced, 100% FSC®-Certified Ipe timbe from dry-tropical forests in Bolivia.
- Ipe timber is highly prized for its natural durability, strength and resistance to weather, sun, moisture and wind.
- When new, Ipe timber possesses a smooth-to-the-touch finish and chocolate brown color that requires minimal care for maintenance or can be allowed to gracefully age and reveal a subtle silver patina.
- Masterfully constructed with metal joinery for greater structural support and seating strength.
- Linear slats of Ipe timber add structural support and decorative allure to the angled backrest and sturdy seat of the chair.
- The upper back of the chair displays the Opal Collection's signature, open “O” detail inspired by the dazzling stone of the same name.
- Pair your chair with any counter height dining table from Jensen Outdoor.
- Some assembly required.
- Height: 35.5"
- Width: 17.5"
- Depth: 19.5"
- Seat Height: 26"
Protecting New and Newly Cleaned Ipe Furniture:
- In a ventilated area, apply Wood Shield to all clean Ipe surfaces to further protect against water and food stains, then enjoy your new set outside.
As Needed Cleaning Instructions:
- Wash your Ipe wood surfaces with a soft towel and mild dish soap, then rinse clean with water. Once complete, allow to dry.
Restore The Deep Chocolate-Brown ‘As New’ Finish:
Ipe naturally develops an elegant silver patina over time when exposed to the elements. To restore the ‘as new’ chocolate brown finish of Ipe wood, follow our simple color-restoration process:
- To prepare Ipe for a UV-protective coat of Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Cleaner to remove surface dirt, then rinse off with water.
- To brighten and re-establish the pH balance of Ipe wood to best accept the Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Brightener, then rinse off with water and allow to dry completely.
- Apply Penofin® Verde Oil Finish as directed on the can, letting it penetrate for 30 minutes.
- To remove excess oil finish that hasn't been absorbed by the wood, rub the Ipe surface with smooth rags until dry to the touch. IMPORTANT: Dispose of rags in a metal bucket of water to avoid spontaneous combustion.
- After completely dry, apply Wood Shield to timber to provide additional protection against water and food stains.
Customer Reviews & Questions
Our experts are here to guide you through your purchase.