Jensen Outdoor Classic Ipe Garden Bench with Arms
A natural addition to a winding garden path or an Ipe timber dining table, the Classic Ipe 55" Garden Bench with Arms invites you to linger in classic beauty. Gracefully arched arms and a tastefully curved back offer supportive comfort for long, intimate conversations and hours of peaceful reflection.
This stately showpiece within the Classic Ipe Collection features the finest artisan craftsmanship and the responsible use of 100% FSC certified Ipe timber sustainably sourced from tropical forests in Bolivia. Ipe timber is a highly durable tropical hardwood whose natural weather resistance makes it ideal for outdoor settings. Upon welcoming, Ipe timber flaunts a rich, chocolate brown color that can be maintained for a lifetime, or allowed to gracefully develop a subtle silver patina that takes your outdoor landscape far beyond garden variety.
Protecting New and Newly Cleaned Ipe Furniture:
- In a ventilated area, apply Wood Shield to all clean Ipe surfaces to further protect against water and food stains, then enjoy your new set outside.
As Needed Cleaning Instructions:
- Wash your Ipe wood surfaces with a soft towel and mild dish soap, then rinse clean with water. Once complete, allow to dry.
Restore The Deep Chocolate-Brown ‘As New’ Finish:
Ipe naturally develops an elegant silver patina over time when exposed to the elements. To restore the ‘as new’ chocolate brown finish of Ipe wood, follow our simple color-restoration process:
- To prepare Ipe for a UV-protective coat of Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Cleaner to remove surface dirt, then rinse off with water.
- To brighten and re-establish the pH balance of Ipe wood to best accept the Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Brightener, then rinse off with water and allow to dry completely.
- Apply Penofin® Verde Oil Finish as directed on the can, letting it penetrate for 30 minutes.
- To remove excess oil finish that hasn’t been absorbed by the wood, rub the Ipe surface with smooth rags until dry to the touch. IMPORTANT: Dispose of rags in a metal bucket of water to avoid spontaneous combustion.
- After completely dry, apply Wood Shield to timber to provide additional protection against water and food stains.
Customer Reviews & Questions
Our experts are here to guide you through your purchase.