Jensen Outdoor Franklin Arm Chair
Welcome outdoor entertaining with open arms with the Franklin Dining Arm Chair from Jensen Outdoor. Fill your days with breezy brunches and your nights with backyard barbecues by pairing this stately chair with your favorite guests and any Ipe dining table. Settle in for leisurely meals and luxurious comfort with a supportive backrest, roomy seat and sculpted legs carved from individual slats of hardy Ipe timber.
The handsome lines and chiseled contours of the Franklin Dining Arm Chair, a new addition to the Classic Ipe collection, highlight the artisan craftsmanship and responsible use of 100% FSC®-Certified Ipe timber sustainably harvested from the remote, dry-tropical forests of Bolivia. Remarkably durable and resilient to weather and wear, the rich, chocolate brown color of Ipe timber upon arrival can be preserved with occasional care or allowed to gracefully age into a subtle silver patina that makes it welcome in any setting. While designed to be naturally comfortable, an optional cushion is available in an array of distinctive Sunbrella® fabrics (cushions are available for special order).
- Frame is crafted from 100% FSC®-Certified, solid Ipe timber sustainably harvested from Bolivia’s dry, tropical forests.
- The outstanding durability and weather resistance of Ipe timber make it ideal for outdoor landscapes and lifestyles.
- Features a smooth-as-glass hand finish to the Ipe timber from a special fine-grain sanding technique.
- Ipe timber displays a glass-smooth finish and a chocolate brown color when new that may be maintained for a lifetime or allowed to gracefully age and develop a stunning silver patina.
- Constructed with dark gray all-weather steel joinery for greater structural support and seating strength.
- Individual slats of Ipe hardwood form the sculpted back and contoured seat for sublime comfort while dining.
- An optional seat cushions is available in your choice of Sunbrella® fabrics. Price shown does include the seat cushion. Cushions available for special order.
- Assembly required.
- Height: 39.5"
- Width: 25"
- Depth: 25"
- Seat Height: 17.5"
- Arm Height: 26.25"
Protecting New and Newly Cleaned Ipe Furniture:
- In a ventilated area, apply Wood Shield to all clean Ipe surfaces to further protect against water and food stains, then enjoy your new set outside.
As Needed Cleaning Instructions:
- Wash your Ipe wood surfaces with a soft towel and mild dish soap, then rinse clean with water. Once complete, allow to dry.
Restore The Deep Chocolate-Brown ‘As New’ Finish:
Ipe naturally develops an elegant silver patina over time when exposed to the elements. To restore the ‘as new’ chocolate brown finish of Ipe wood, follow our simple color-restoration process:
- To prepare Ipe for a UV-protective coat of Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Cleaner to remove surface dirt, then rinse off with water.
- To brighten and re-establish the pH balance of Ipe wood to best accept the Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Brightener, then rinse off with water and allow to dry completely.
- Apply Penofin® Verde Oil Finish as directed on the can, letting it penetrate for 30 minutes.
- To remove excess oil finish that hasn't been absorbed by the wood, rub the Ipe surface with smooth rags until dry to the touch. IMPORTANT: Dispose of rags in a metal bucket of water to avoid spontaneous combustion.
- After completely dry, apply Wood Shield to timber to provide additional protection against water and food stains.
Customer Reviews & Questions
Our experts are here to guide you through your purchase.