Jensen Outdoor Governor Dining Arm Chair
Classic design and the finest craftmanship reign over the Classic Ipe Governor Arm Chair, which offers the utmost lounging and dining versatility for smaller outdoor landscapes. A nostalgic symbol of simpler times, this stately style is distinguished by the thoughtful use of individual slats of Ipe timber to form the supportive backrest and contoured seat for comfort.
Jensen Outdoor uses sustainably-sourced, 100% FSC certified Ipe timber from dry, tropical forests in Bolivia to craft each piece in the Classic Ipe Collection. Prized for its astounding durability and impressive weather resistance, Ipe timber furniture arrives as a deep, chocolate brown color that can be maintained over time, or allowed to gradually develop a subtle silver patina that commands admiration.
- Frame is crafted from 100% FSC certified, solid Ipe timber sustainably sourced from dry, tropical forests in Bolivia.
- Ipe timber is naturally durable, strong and resistant to weather, sun, moisture and wind.
- A unique, fine-grain sanding technique provides a smooth-as-glass hand finish to the Ipe timber frame.
- Upon welcoming, Ipe timber displays a rich, chocolate brown color that may be beautifully maintained over time, if desired, or allowed to gracefully age into a subtle silver patina.
- Masterfully constructed with metal joinery for greater seating strength.
- Individual slats of Ipe timber form the slanted back and ergonomically-contoured seat for optimal comfort when lounging or dining.
- Assembly required.
- Height: 45"
- Width: 24"
- Depth: 26"
- Seat Height: 17"
- Arm Height: 25"
- Weight: 20 lbs
Protecting New and Newly Cleaned Ipe Furniture:
- In a ventilated area, apply Wood Shield to all clean Ipe surfaces to further protect against water and food stains, then enjoy your new set outside.
As Needed Cleaning Instructions:
- Wash your Ipe wood surfaces with a soft towel and mild dish soap, then rinse clean with water. Once complete, allow to dry.
Restore The Deep Chocolate-Brown ‘As New’ Finish:
Ipe naturally develops an elegant silver patina over time when exposed to the elements. To restore the ‘as new’ chocolate brown finish of Ipe wood, follow our simple color-restoration process:
- To prepare Ipe for a UV-protective coat of Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Cleaner to remove surface dirt, then rinse off with water.
- To brighten and re-establish the pH balance of Ipe wood to best accept the Penofin® Verde Oil Finish, use Penofin® Pro-Tech Wood Brightener, then rinse off with water and allow to dry completely.
- Apply Penofin® Verde Oil Finish as directed on the can, letting it penetrate for 30 minutes.
- To remove excess oil finish that hasn't been absorbed by the wood, rub the Ipe surface with smooth rags until dry to the touch. IMPORTANT: Dispose of rags in a metal bucket of water to avoid spontaneous combustion.
- After completely dry, apply Wood Shield to timber to provide additional protection against water and food stains.
Customer Reviews & Questions
Our experts are here to guide you through your purchase.