Wood-Fired Chicken Flatbread
Rated 5.0 stars by 1 users
1 hour 15 minutes
There’s nothing like building a fire and cooking a meal over it. It’s a primal way of cooking that connects you to your food and creates incredible flavor, color and texture. The Clementi Pulcinella Wood Fired Oven gives you the opportunity to do this in style. In this beautiful, delicious Wood-Fired Chicken Flatbread recipe, we explore the versatility of the wood-fired oven and win big with the finished product!
500g Antimo Caputo "00" Pizza Flour
- 10g white sugar
10g kosher salt
7g dry active yeast
- 325g warm (120°F) water
- 25g olive oil
- 1 large bone-in chicken breast
Cattleman’s Grill Ranchero Seasoning
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 6 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 medium red onion, thin sliced
- 1 large jalapeño, sliced
- 6 oz smoked cheddar, grated
1/2 cup Reida Honey Farm Wildflower Honey
- 1 tbsp black pepper
For the dough:
For the toppings:
For the drizzle:
- Combine all ingredients for the dough in the bowl of a stand mixer. Using the hook attachment, mix for 7 minutes. Transfer to a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to proof until doubled in size. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Divide into three equal portions. Ball each portion, place on a parchment lined pan and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit at least 30 minutes to relax.
Build a four log fire in the center of the Clementi Wood-Fired Pizza Oven. When the logs have burned down, greyed over and are glowing red, slide the divider in and move the fire to the side of the oven. Sweep ash from cooking surface. Continue to feed the fire, as needed, keeping the thermometer reading in the 400ºF range.
Using the Clementi Multicooking System, place the bell pepper and tomatoes on the grate and slide into the oven, right next to the fire. Char the pepper and tomatoes evenly, rotating as needed. Remove the tomatoes and set aside. Remove the pepper and transfer to a zip top bag to steam for 10-15 minutes. When the skin has released from the flesh, remove the skin, seeds and stem and discard. Slice the flesh of the pepper and set aside.
Season you bone-in chicken breast with Cattleman’s Grill Ranchero Seasoning. Place the chicken on the rack of the multicooking system. Move into the grill, placing it near the center of the oven. Maintain the temperature around 450ºF. Adjust distance to fire as needed to control browning. Cook until the internal temperature reaches 160ºF. Remove from the oven. Rest 5 minutes. Pull or dice the meat, as desired.
- Feed the fire to increase the temperature of the oven to 700ºF+.
Stretch the dough thin and even, in desired shape. Place on a semolina floured surface. Add toppings (chicken, peppers, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, onion and cheddar). Slide a pizza peel under the dough and transfer to the oven. Land the flatbread right in the center of the deck. Let cook until browned on the fire side, then spin the flatbread to brown evenly. Cook until evenly browned on the sides and bottom.
- Mix the honey and black pepper together and drizzle over the flatbread to serve.
You might also enjoy: Wood Fired Pizza
- Serving Size
- 12.95 oz
- per serving
- 52 grams
- 40 grams
- 37 grams
- 1421 milligrams