St. Paddy's Pastrami Pizza
Celebrate Saint Patrick's Day with Chef Tom and a St. Paddy's Pastrami Pizza Party in the Ooni Koda 16 Pizza Oven!
- 325 g warm (110°F) water
5 g Caputo Dry Yeast
500 g Antimo Caputo ’00’ Pizza Flour
10 g Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 1/4 cup Parsley, chopped
- 1 green onion, greens part only
- 1/2 cup baby Spinach leaves
Beef Short Rib Pastrami slices (RECIPE HERE)
- 1 russet potato, peeled, sliced 1/8” thick rounds
Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced 1/8” thick rounds
- 6 slices provolone cheese
For the lucky béchamel:
- To make the pizza dough, scale the warm water into the bowl of a Kitchen Aid stand mixer. Sprinkle the yeast over the surface of the water. Let sit 5 minutes until foamy. Add the flour, then the salt.
- Mix the dough with a dough hook on second speed. When the dough begins to form a ball and pull away from the sides (about 1 minute), set a time for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes, turn off the mixer. Transfer the dough to an oiled container and cover.
- When the dough has doubled in size, turn out and divide in half. Form into balls, cover with plastic wrap and let double once again, at least 30 minutes. The dough is now ready to bake.
- Preheat your Ooni Koda 16 over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- To make the béchamel sauce, combine the milk, Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning, parsley, green onion and spinach in the pitcher of the Vitamix Blender. Blend until smooth.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the flour and whisk constantly until the roux starts to become aromatic and nutty. Slowly pour in the milk mixture, whisking constantly. Let simmer until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Toss the thin sliced potato rounds in enough Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil to coat and season with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning. Transfer to a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet and place the skillet in the Ooni Koda 16. Reduce the heat to low. Cook until browned on top (3-5 minutes), flip to brown the opposite sides of the potatoes. Remove from the oven.
- To build the St. Paddy’s Pastrami Pizza, stretch/roll your dough until it is 12”-14” across. Spread a thin layer of the béchamel sauce across the dough. Top with slices of the beef short rib pastrami, roasted potato rounds, pieces of provolone cheese and the sliced rounds of green onion. Sprinkle Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning over the pizza.
- Transfer the pizza to the oven with a floured pizza peel. Cook until the back edge is browned, then spin. Continue this until the crust is browned all the way around, about two minutes total. Remove from the oven and slice to serve.
You might also enjoy: Beef Short Rib Pastrami
- Serving Size
- 12.95 oz
- per serving
- 61 grams
- 24 grams
- 14 grams
- 1531 milligrams