Southwest Chicken Avocado BLT
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for a Southwest Chicken Avocado BLT! This fantastic sandwich combines the goodness of a grilled chicken sandwich with the BLT and adds a little flare!
- 4 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
1 cup Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeño Fajita Bath Concentrate
- 1 cup water
Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All Purpose Seasoning
- 10 slices classic cut bacon
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter (for toasting bread)
- 4 large slices sourdough bread
- 4 slices Pepper jack
- Butter lettuce
- 2 each avocados
- 4 slices bacon, diced (from above)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Sea Salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp chipotles in adobo sauce
For the Bacon Avocado Smash:
- Place your chicken thighs in a small zip-top bag. Add one cup of Sweetwater Spice Lime Jalapeño Fajita Bath Concentrate and one cup of water. Close the bag and massage the bag to evenly distribute the contents. Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 350ºF, set up with the Yoder Smokers Cast Iron Griddle in place over the fire box.
- Cook your bacon on the griddle to desired doneness. Transfer to paper towels to drain excess fat. Carefully remove excess fat from the griddle with paper towels.
- To make the Chipotle Mayo, combine both ingredients and whisk well to combine. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To make the Bacon Avocado Smash, place the flesh of the avocados in a bowl. Season with Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Sea Salt. Squeeze in lime juice. Chop the bacon, then add to the bowl. Smash the mixture with a fork to desired consistency.
- Remove your chicken from the marinade. Season on both sides with Cattleman’s Grill Trail Dust All-Purpose Seasoning.
- Cook the chicken thighs on the grill, flipping when golden brown. Remove from the grill when well browned and the internal temperature reaches 175ºF. Slice the thighs.
Clean the surface of the griddle, then melt the butter on the griddle. Place your slices of bread on the butter. Cover half of the slices with the pepper jack cheese. Cook until lightly browned on bottom and cheese is melted on top. Remove from the griddle.
To build the sandwiches, first spread the slice of bread without cheese with the chipotle mayo. Then, add the lettuce and sliced tomatoes. Top with the sliced chicken. On the second piece of bread (with the melted cheese), spread your Bacon Avocado Smash. Top each sandwich with two or three more slices of bacon, pressed into the avocado. Flip the bacon/avocado slice over onto the chicken. Slice in half to serve.
- Serving Size
- 13.67 oz
- per serving
- 29.3 grams
- 37.8 grams
- 54.1 grams
- 941 milligrams