Creamy, cheesy, delicious Smoky Scalloped Potatoes cooked on the Yoder Smokers Pellet Grill. No holiday meal would be complete without them!
Smoky Scalloped Potatoes
Try the creamy and cheesy goodness of our Smoky Scalloped Potatoes recipe, cooked on the Yoder Smokers Pellet Grill. Rich, smoky flavor makes them a must-have for any holiday meal!
- 1 lb thick cut bacon, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced thin
Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-tip Seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 2 1/2 lb russet potatoes, sliced 1/8” thick
- 12 oz sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 6 oz feta cheese
Noble Saltworks Flaked Hickory Smoked Salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill to 400ºF, set up for indirect grilling.
In a Lodge 12” Cast Iron Skillet, render the bacon over medium heat. When the bacon is browned, remove it from the skillet and drain on paper towels. Remove all but three tablespoons bacon grease from the skillet.
- Add the thin sliced onion to the hot skillet. Cook until lightly browned and softened. Add the garlic and flour and cook, stirring, for one minute.
- Combine the heavy cream and chicken stock. Slowly pour the liquid into the skillet, stirring constantly. When all liquid is incorporated, bring to a simmer and cook to thicken, about two minutes more. Turn off the heat. Remove the sauce from the skillet. Rinse the skillet clean.
- Add one quarter of the sauce to the bottom of the clean skillet. Layer one third of the thin sliced potatoes over the sauce. Top with one quarter of the sauce, one third of the bacon and one third of the cheeses. Repeat until all three layers are built and the ingredients are all incorporated.
Transfer the skillet to the second shelf of the grill. Cook until the potatoes are tender and the sauce is bubbling, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove from the grill and serve warm.
- Serving Size
- 8.71 oz
- per serving
- 24 grams
- 32 grams
- 45 grams
- 1391 milligrams