Smoked Salmon Caesar Salad
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for a Smoked Salmon Caesar Salad featuring dry brined salmon and the best scratch-made Caesar Dressing you've ever tasted!
- 6 (4 oz) filets salmon, skin off
Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Sea Salt
- Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Seasoning
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, diced
- 1/4 cup avocado (or other neutral flavored) oil
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated, divided
- 1/4 cup Truffled Pecorino
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 oil-packed anchovy filets, rinsed, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed & peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp Cattleman’s Grill Pit Fire Hot Sauce
Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Black Peppercorns, coarse ground
- 1/4 cup panko
1 tbsp Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Seasoning, fine ground
For the Caesar Dressing:
For the bread crumb crouton:
- Season the salmon portions with Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Sea Salt and Cattleman’s Grill California Tri-Tip Seasoning on both sides. Let rest on a wire rack, uncovered for at least 1 hour. Ideally 2+ hours. *Tip - start the dry brine in the morning before work, and come home to smoke the salmon in the evening.
- To make the Caesar Dressing, combine all ingredients in a Marinade Shaker. Use only 1/4 cup of the parmesan. Save the rest for tossing in the finished salad. Blend the dressing with an immersion blender until smooth. A food processor or small blender will work, as well. Store the dressing covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 250ºF, set up for smoking/indirect grilling. Fill an A-MAZE-N Tube Smokers with your favorite pellets. Place on the main cooking grate, just above the fire box. Light with a torch. When the pellets are well lit, blow out the flame and allow the pellets to slowly burn back, producing smoke.
- Remove the salmon from the refrigerator. Transfer to the second shelf of the smoker. Smoke until the internal temperature reaches 145ºF, about 45 minutes. Remove from the grill. Serve warm or chilled.
- To make the bread crumb crouton, combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Toss the romaine in the Caesar Dressing. Start with a little less dressing than you think you’ll need, because you can always add more. Add the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan to the salad. Serve the salad chilled and topped with the bread crumb crouton and smoked salmon.
You might also enjoy:Grilled Barbecue Salmon with Peanut Slaw
- Serving Size
- 14.56 oz
- per serving
- 7.2 grams
- 33.4 grams
- 29.6 grams
- 388 milligrams