Grilled Barbecue Salmon with Peanut Slaw
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill for this quick and EASY Grilled Barbecue Salmon with Peanut Slaw recipe!
1/2 cup Saica Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Tamari soy sauce
2 tbsp Reida Farm Kansas Wildflower Honey
- 2 clove garlic, minced
2 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Cajun Fusion Seasoning
- 4 (12 oz) filets skin on salmon
Plowboys BBQ Fin & Feather Seasoning
Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce
- 4 cups (12 oz) savoy cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cups honey roasted peanuts
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cultured buttermilk
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 tsp white vinegar
Jacobsen Salt Co. Kosher Sea Salt, to taste
Jacobsen Salt Co. Tellicherry Black Peppercorns, fresh cracked, to taste
For the marinade:
For the Peanut Slaw:
- Combine all ingredients for the marinade in a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Place your salmon in a plastic zip top bag. Add the marinade. Let soak for 30-45 minutes, in the refrigeration.
- To make the slaw, first combine the wet ingredients. Whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk, garlic, chipotles in adobo and white vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the cabbage, carrot, peanuts and blue cheese in a bowl. Add the slaw dressing and toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed. Cover and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Remove the salmon from the marinade. Season with Plowboys Fin & Feather.
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 425ºF, set up for direct grilling with the standard grates in place. Clean the grates well with a grill brush. Spray with fat (oil, duck fat, etc.).
- Place the salmon on the grates, directly over the flame, flesh side down. Close the lid and let cook until lightly charred. Flip and continue cooking, skin side down, with the door closed, until the internal temperature reaches 135ºF-140ºF. You can move the salmon away from or toward the direct flame in order to achieve your desired amount of char.
Just before removing the salmon from the grill, brush on a thin layer of Firebug Mild Grillin’ Sauce.
- Remove the salmon from the grill and serve warm, topped with the peanut slaw.
You might also enjoy: Grilled Lobster Rolls
- Serving Size
- 13.81 oz
- per serving
- 36 grams
- 69 grams
- 90 grams
- 1536 milligrams