Smoked Pumpkin Butter
Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to smoke a pumpkin and turn it into a delicious holiday spread, it’s Smoked Pumpkin Butter!
- 1 (3 lb) pie pumpkin OR 20 oz pumpkin purée
1 tbsp Saica Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp Noble Saltworks Pecan Smoked Salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- Pinch ground cardamom
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640s Pellet Grill to 350ºF.
- Remove the stem from the pumpkin. Slice the pumpkin in half, from top to bottom. Scoop out the seeds and stringy material. Rub the flesh of the pumpkin with the Saica Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Transfer to the second shelf of the grill.
- Cook the pumpkin until the flesh is tender when pierced with a skewer, about 90 minutes. Remove from the grill.
Peel the skin from the flesh. Discard the skin. Place the flesh in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor, except for the butter. Purée to incorporate.
Melt the butter in a Lodge 12" Cast Iron Skillet, over medium heat. Add the purée and cook until reduced and deep orange-brown in color, about 20 minutes.
- Cool and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Serving Size
- 0.78 oz
- per serving
- 189 grams
- 13 grams
- 39 grams
- 199 milligrams