Smoked Green Chili Macaroni and Cheese
One of our favorite dishes around here is Chef Tom’s Smoked Green Chili Mac and Cheese. This dish is crammed full of flavor, and is the perfect side for your next big cookout.
- 16 oz elbow macaroni (or your favorite pasta)
- 6 C whole milk
- 3 C heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz sharp cheddar, grated
- 12 oz pepper jack cheese, grated
1 (16 oz) bottle 505 Southwestern Fire Roasted Green Chiles
Code 3 Spices Grunt Rub
- 4 oz bread crumbs
- 8 oz bacon, cooked, diced
Kosher salt, to taste
reheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 250°F. In a half sized steam table food pan, combine the uncooked macaroni, milk, heavy cream, cheeses, 505 Southwestern Fire Roasted Green Chiles and 1-2 tablespoons of Code 3 Spices Grunt Rub. You will probably have to turn up the edges of the foil pan. It will be very full. Carefully mix the ingredients with your hands. Place the pan on the second shelf in the cooker.
- After one hour, stir the ingredients with a spoon. Make sure to get all the way to the bottom of the pan, so it doesn't burn. Meanwhile, cook and dice your bacon. After the macaroni has cooked for 2-2.5 hours you should have a creamy mixture with little standing liquid. Add the bacon and give it another good stir. Taste and add salt as necessary. Sprinkle the bread crumb topping over the pan, and cook an additional 30 minutes, until bread crumb begins to brown and the liquid is bubbling up through the topping. The finished product should be creamy, but not runny.
- Serving Size
- 12.07 oz
- per serving
- 45 grams
- 30 grams
- 42 grams
- 1032 milligrams