Chef Tom fires up the Yoder Smokers Loaded Wichita Offset Smoker to smoke up some fresh sausage, then turns the firebox into a grill for these grilled shrimp and sausage skewers!
Shrimp & Sausage Skewers
Satisfy your taste buds with Chef Tom's masterful culinary creation - Smoked and Grilled Sausage and Shrimp Skewers! Perfectly smoked sausage combined with succulent grilled shrimp - this unique flavor combination will tantalize your senses!
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined
1/4 cup Colonial Chile Crunch Oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Cajun Fusion Seasoning
- 1 lb smoked sausage, raw
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp feta, crumbled
1 tbsp Colonial Chile Crunch Oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Jacobsen Salt Co. Black Garlic Sea Salt, to taste
Yogurt Chile Crunch Dipping Sauce:
- Light a chimney of lump charcoal in the firebox of the Yoder Smokers Loaded Wichita Offset Smoker. When the charcoal is hot, dump in the firebox. Add 1-2 splits of pecan wood to the charcoal base. Stabilize the temperature at 275ºF.
- Place the sausage in the smoker and cook to an internal temperature of 155ºF - 160ºF, about 30-40 minutes.
- Combine the 1/4 cup oil from the Colonial Chile Crunch, 2 tbsp lemon juice and 1 tbsp Cattleman’s Grill Cajun Fusion Seasoning and mix well. Add to a zip top bag with the shrimp and allow to marinate for 45 minutes.
- To make the yogurt dipping sauce, combine all ingredients and mix well. Store cold.
- After removing the sausage from the smoker, spread the coals out evenly, inside the firebox, and add more wood to build a hot fire. Place a set of 3 GrillGrate panels on the rails inside the firebox to grill directly over the wood fire.
- Slice the sausage into 1/2” thick rounds.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade.
- Thread the shrimp and sausage onto flat bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water for at least 30 minutes. The shrimp should wrap around each round of sausage and the skewer can been inserted to hold the shrimp around the sausage.
- Grill over direct heat in the firebox of the smoker. Cook until the flesh is opaque all the way to the center of the shrimp (135ºF internal temp), flipping to cook evenly.
- Remove from the grill and serve the Shrimp & Sausage Skewers with the yogurt chile crunch dipping sauce.
- Serving Size
- 5.72 oz
- per serving
- 12 grams
- 60 grams
- 28 grams
- 1967 milligrams