Reverse Seared Tri-Tip
Learn to make delicious Reverse Seared Tri-Tip with our easy-to-follow recipe. Includes directions for a lip-tingling horseradish sauce and tips for smoking the perfect tri-tip.
2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 (2.5 lb) beef tri-tip
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup prepared horseradish
1 tbsp House of Q Slow Smoke Gold
1 tsp Grinders Molten Hot Sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- salt & pepper
For the Three Hots Horseradish Sauce:
- Preheat your Yoder Smokers YS640 pellet grill to 250°F, set up for smoking. Also, install your GrillGrates to preheat for the finishing sear.
- Trim any excess fat and silver skin from the outside of the tri-tip.
- Combine the seasonings and mix well. Apply a thin layer of oil to the roast. Coat all sides with the rub. Let rest 5-10 minutes.
- Smoke the tri-tip on the second shelf of the grill until the internal temperature reaches 110°F. Remove from the grill, and cover loosely with foil.
- While the tri-tip is smoking, make the Three Hots Horseradish Sauce. Start by whipping the heavy cream to soft peaks. In a separate bowl combine the mayo, horseradish, House of Q Slow Smoke Gold and Grinders Molten Hot Sauce and whisk to combine. Then, using a spatula, gently fold in the whipped cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Increase the temperature to 500°F, and remove the door from your two piece diffuser (or remove the entire diffuser). Replace the grates, with the GrillGrates directly over the fire box.
- When the grill comes up to temperature, grill the tri-tip on both sides to achieve grill marks and color. Remove the roast from the cooker when the internal temperature reaches 125°F.
This recipe was prepared on a Yoder Smokers YS640 Pellet Grill.
- Serving Size
- 8.31 oz
- per serving
- 14 grams
- 88 grams
- 37 grams
- 1829 milligrams